Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda X Adv 2017

Graham Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Crewe Honda ,Rob

and he has another coming in at the same time for stock, 01270 213575, think that's tri colour too,

In all fairness to the dealers, they don't know any more than you, it's only a week before it arrives that the dealer knows what he's getting,

ps, I bought a new S1000 XR a couple of weeks ago , it's amazing, I was talked into it by Nutty , lol

It's try colour, Rob, and comes with the 35 ltd top box , the squarish one, looks quite nice , you can have the bike if you call him, due in tomorrow,

Arrived this morning , looks good, I should have it one day next week,

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvisto View Post
    Arrived this morning , looks good, I should have it one day next week,

Cancelled mine this morning got my deposit back !!
    Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not puting it in a fruit salad

Roger at Crewe Honda is a top guy. They have been Honda dealers for over 55 years and are real gents.

first 500 miles have been great ,exceeded all expectations,

07875 304772

first 500 miles have been great ,exceeded all expectations,
    I do like the look of that

That would look good in my garage next to the AT

I think my AT may become surplus to requirements after this, and the S1000XR I bought last month,

Some more pics and a write up of how it goes would be good

Yup very nice !

But the question is ......Termi or Akra ???

For starters its quick off the mark using S1, the brakes are extremely good and i'm now used to the rear brake on the left handlebar and tend to use this more than I thought I would, first day out I kinda missed having the fuel tank to grip onto but soon got used to it, the suspension is fully adjustable but I've really not needed to change anything, I did find over very rough roads i was moving forward on the seat, but I changed my footing to the front 45 * angle and thats solved that,
    The road holding on the trail wing tyres is very good it turns in quite easily with no under or oversteer, and feels well planted in all situations I've been in, not tried off road, It's perhaps a lot better than me at off-road
    The riding position is perfect, I'm 6ft and 89 kg , the dash is easy to read with all the info you'll ever need, the adjustable screen is just perfect (why they didn't do this on the AT ?) I have it set on 1 down from the highest setting, and don't get any buffeting at all and Ive had it up to 85mph (on a private road)
    I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of all the components, it comes with a carrier and top box as standard, I've ordered the heated grips, light bars and lights ( should be fitted next week) and I bought the snazzy footboard rubbers,
    I'll do a better write up when I get a little more time , any questions just fire away and I'll try to answer them ,

Honda X Adv 2017

For starters its quick off the mark using S1, the brakes are extremely good and i'm now used to the rear brake on the left handlebar and tend to use this more than I thought I would, first day out I kinda missed having the fuel tank to grip onto but soon got used to it, the suspension is fully adjustable but I've really not needed to change anything, I did find over very rough roads i was moving forward on the seat, but I changed my footing to the front 45 * angle and thats solved that,
    The road holding on the trail wing tyres is very good it turns in quite easily with no under or oversteer, and feels well planted in all situations I've been in, not tried off road, It's perhaps a lot better than me at off-road
    The riding position is perfect, I'm 6ft and 89 kg , the dash is easy to read with all the info you'll ever need, the adjustable screen is just perfect (why they didn't do this on the AT ?) I have it set on 1 down from the highest setting, and don't get any buffeting at all and Ive had it up to 85mph (on a private road)
    I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of all the components, it comes with a carrier and top box as standard, I've ordered the heated grips, light bars and lights ( should be fitted next week) and I bought the snazzy footboard rubbers,
    I'll do a better write up when I get a little more time , any questions just fire away and I'll try to answer them ,

Good info.

What's the underseat storage like ? Can you take a pic ?

And Termi or Akra ? .I think Termi !

And is the top box on the second pic the one you get or is it a plastic one like they do for AT ?

Yes the top box is the plastic one you get for the AT , large enough to take a System 6 helmet ,They do a larger box that fits the same rack, but thats an extra,

The under seat storage doesn't quite fit the system 6, I'll take a pic some time over the weekend, but it will fit the Schuberth E1 easily,

Seriously the exhaust note is just right, I put the Akra on my S1000XR and didn't notice any difference , apart from it looking awesome , lol,

I like the idea of key less too, saves putting your gloves on and then finding your key's still in your pocket

Both brake levers are adjustable too,

Just had a look at your pics Arsey, go on then Akra, it does look nice doesn't it ,

Yes the top box is the plastic one you get for the AT , large enough to take a System 6 helmet ,They do a larger box that fits the same rack, but thats an extra,

The under seat storage doesn't quite fit the system 6, I'll take a pic some time over the weekend, but it will fit the Schuberth E1 easily,

Seriously the exhaust note is just right, I put the Akra on my S1000XR and didn't notice any difference , apart from it looking awesome , lol,

I like the idea of key less too, saves putting your gloves on and then finding your key's still in your pocket

Both brake levers are adjustable too,

Just had a look at your pics Arsey, go on then Akra, it does look nice doesn't it ,
    Bugger-thought for a minute that it might be a metal box-the plastic ones are a bit shit-found it tricky sometimes to shut it on my AT as the lid wouldn't line up.

Shame it doesn't come with a gorgeous Italian in a glittery dress.God she was stunning.

Oh and can you max it out later and see what she'll do,mister !!

Has Nutty ordered one yet ?

No its not a metal one unfortunately, I might get the GS one (nutty has one)for my S1000xr ( mark does an adaptor plate) then swap it from bike to bike, I do like the look of the plastic one though,

Remember you saying about the lady being very chatty too,

I'll max it out after the service on monday if the weathers fine

No ! not yet

My heated grips came yesterday, so they'll be fitted monday with the other stuff,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast