Honda X Adv 2017

For starters its quick off the mark using S1, the brakes are extremely good and i'm now used to the rear brake on the left handlebar and tend to use this more than I thought I would, first day out I kinda missed having the fuel tank to grip onto but soon got used to it, the suspension is fully adjustable but I've really not needed to change anything, I did find over very rough roads i was moving forward on the seat, but I changed my footing to the front 45 * angle and thats solved that,
The road holding on the trail wing tyres is very good it turns in quite easily with no under or oversteer, and feels well planted in all situations I've been in, not tried off road, It's perhaps a lot better than me at off-road
The riding position is perfect, I'm 6ft and 89 kg , the dash is easy to read with all the info you'll ever need, the adjustable screen is just perfect (why they didn't do this on the AT ?) I have it set on 1 down from the highest setting, and don't get any buffeting at all and Ive had it up to 85mph (on a private road)
I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of all the components, it comes with a carrier and top box as standard, I've ordered the heated grips, light bars and lights ( should be fitted next week) and I bought the snazzy footboard rubbers,
I'll do a better write up when I get a little more time , any questions just fire away and I'll try to answer them ,

FullSizeRender_10.jpg

For starters its quick off the mark using S1, the brakes are extremely good and i'm now used to the rear brake on the left handlebar and tend to use this more than I thought I would, first day out I kinda missed having the fuel tank to grip onto but soon got used to it, the suspension is fully adjustable but I've really not needed to change anything, I did find over very rough roads i was moving forward on the seat, but I changed my footing to the front 45 * angle and thats solved that,
The road holding on the trail wing tyres is very good it turns in quite easily with no under or oversteer, and feels well planted in all situations I've been in, not tried off road, It's perhaps a lot better than me at off-road
The riding position is perfect, I'm 6ft and 89 kg , the dash is easy to read with all the info you'll ever need, the adjustable screen is just perfect (why they didn't do this on the AT ?) I have it set on 1 down from the highest setting, and don't get any buffeting at all and Ive had it up to 85mph (on a private road)
I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of all the components, it comes with a carrier and top box as standard, I've ordered the heated grips, light bars and lights ( should be fitted next week) and I bought the snazzy footboard rubbers,
I'll do a better write up when I get a little more time , any questions just fire away and I'll try to answer them ,

FullSizeRender_10.jpg

Good info.

What's the underseat storage like ? Can you take a pic ?

And Termi or Akra ? :aidan.I think Termi !

ba025c917a39ce263ac5d24b94b82389.jpg

7b2eac6dd9ee4b3fd80af64328873e91.jpg

And is the top box on the second pic the one you get or is it a plastic one like they do for AT ?

Yes the top box is the plastic one you get for the AT , large enough to take a System 6 helmet ,They do a larger box that fits the same rack, but thats an extra,

The under seat storage doesn't quite fit the system 6, I'll take a pic some time over the weekend, but it will fit the Schuberth E1 easily,

Seriously the exhaust note is just right, I put the Akra on my S1000XR and didn't notice any difference , apart from it looking awesome , lol,

I like the idea of key less too, saves putting your gloves on and then finding your key's still in your pocket :blast

Both brake levers are adjustable too,

Just had a look at your pics Arsey, :thumb go on then Akra, it does look nice doesn't it :blast,

Yes the top box is the plastic one you get for the AT , large enough to take a System 6 helmet ,They do a larger box that fits the same rack, but thats an extra,

The under seat storage doesn't quite fit the system 6, I'll take a pic some time over the weekend, but it will fit the Schuberth E1 easily,

Seriously the exhaust note is just right, I put the Akra on my S1000XR and didn't notice any difference , apart from it looking awesome , lol,

I like the idea of key less too, saves putting your gloves on and then finding your key's still in your pocket :blast

Both brake levers are adjustable too,

Just had a look at your pics Arsey, :thumb go on then Akra, it does look nice doesn't it :blast,

Bugger-thought for a minute that it might be a metal box-the plastic ones are a bit shit-found it tricky sometimes to shut it on my AT as the lid wouldn't line up.

Shame it doesn't come with a gorgeous Italian in a glittery dress.God she was stunning.

Oh and can you max it out later and see what she'll do,mister !!

Has Nutty ordered one yet ?

No its not a metal one unfortunately, I might get the GS one (nutty has one)for my S1000xr ( mark does an adaptor plate) then swap it from bike to bike, I do like the look of the plastic one though,

Remember you saying about the lady being very chatty too,

I'll max it out after the service on monday if the weathers fine :thumby:

No ! not yet :nenau

My heated grips came yesterday, so they'll be fitted monday with the other stuff,

No its not a metal one unfortunately, I might get the GS one (nutty has one)for my S1000xr ( mark does an adaptor plate) then swap it from bike to bike, I do like the look of the plastic one though,

Remember you saying about the lady being very chatty too,

I'll max it out after the service on monday if the weathers fine :thumby:

No ! not yet :nenau

My heated grips came yesterday, so they'll be fitted monday with the other stuff,

Get Nutty to ride yours.He says it's not his thing,yet the twat had a Grom !!

Oops

d131d0213c1f1e627c8d5bbe7d739920.jpg

I reckon Nutty'll have one soon enough, I asked the missus if I could get one, so that's a no then.......

For me,the main stumbling block is the price.What makes it cost £3k more than the NC750 that has the same engine and DCT etc ?

bit disappointed that I cancelled my order now but my new Rallye is keeping me busy !!
Rob

I really like the look of it but I'm not sure it will do anything my Burgman 400 won't (apart from the electric screen). :nenau

I got browned off waiting for the AT heated grips to work properly, bought a Gerbing heated jacket and gloves :rolleyes:

These on the ADV are the same as the AT with the latest module, not bad but not great either , they'll do for autumn and spring, but anything below 8* I'll put my Gerbings on :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom