Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honda X Adv 2017

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Like Davy, had the AF in for 1st service and took the X out for an hour, brilliant bit of kit, super smooth dct , bit of pep to it, comfy and 78mpg at 75mph, screen can be adjusted on the move, nxr fits under seat, great handling. Suspension is firm, dct is better than the AT, it was always in the right gear, hills, downhill and v smooth, never bogged down even in drive, if that's gen 4 dct I want a firmwear update. Bike had done 80 MLS so still tight too. Down sides, v flimsy seat and fuel filler flap, spongy front brake same as NCs, step through is too high for short arses and plastics were already showing scruffs. Price, but t max is same , know which I'd have. They will sell by the boatload in Europe and Honda already sell more SH300's in Italy than the whole range of models in uk

Graham Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I visited my dealer this morning, picked this info up,

from HONDA UK

The X adv has been a great success and at this point we have sold out all units (quote)

For August arrivals , we have been able to secure a good supply of Digital silver, at this moment we cannot guarantee the supply of other colours, (quote)

This is really good news, seems to have been a bigger success than a lot of dealers envisaged,

Looks rather well in the garage.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Why so serious ?

Certainly does Davy, Nice one,

Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    Nice bikes, nice car and a nice big garage complete with beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
    Gets my vote

And mine....

Had a test ride on an x-adv last week while me Rally was in for a service. Really enjoyed riding it, dct is brilliant, feels plenty quick enough (no problem keeping up with bro, who was on a desert sled demo). Only thing I'm not sure about is the feet forward position, just feels odd with nothing to grip with your legs, but handles nice and the screen, bars and seat were superbly comfortable.

Would be fantastic as a tourer and very economical too, but I don't think you could put panniers on it due to the rear light being too far forward, but a bag over the rear seat, top box and the under seat storage would be fine.

I'm not in the market for one at the mo, but was interested to try one and was very pleasantly surprised how good it was, I'd love to have a much longer go. Hope guys enjoy your new bikes, keep the thread going with regular updates (there are a few of us that are interested to read what you think and do with your bikes).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saw one in the flesh for the first time today in my local Honda dealer in Glasgow, a red one with top box fitted, it certainly looked the business. I'd really like a go on one but no demo available as yet.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I picked mine up first week in may, and I've enjoyed every minute riding it, the engine/gearbox is superb, so is the steering and handling , and those tyres I expected to be rubbish are awsome , I'll certainly be fitting the same ones again,

The only bike I can compare it to is the Ducati Scrambler ( but with better suspension) I did 11,000 miles on that and loved it, only sold it to have a change, Pity it wasn't DCT though,

I've had 84 mpg regularly , Its good for 200 miles before filling up, and I've not had to touch the oil, and I've checked the chain a couple of times but hasn't required adjustment, The chain also stays quite clean with the almost totally enclosed chain guard,

Down sides, only one really, when the roads are covered in muck the rear tyre spreads it all over the rear of the bike, even the pillion seat, needs some sort of hugger,

This is my 4 th DCT and by far the best one, thought I might struggle getting used to having no tank to grip with my knees but that hasn't been the case, Fitting the crash/light bars increases the width of the bike and if your legs are on the short side you just may have a problem,
    It must be one of the first bikes I haven't needed some sort of bar risers, and having both brakes on the handlebar took me a time to get used to, but I now use both brakes , The hand brake position is perfect, just like the Integra and I use it all the time for parking,
    The underseat storage is perfect for a large adventure helmet but thats about it, fortunately when I bought mine they were giving away the carrier and top box, which I now leave on all the time,
    The screen is fully adjustable and its so easy to find the right position, but once you've found it you no longer need its adjustability
    I made a Sat Nav mount to go over the top of the dash which works well now, after a couple of mods, And I've fitted some Grip Puppies, I prefer the thicker grip than standard, the heated grips don't work as well but they seem to hold the heat in better,

Ive now done 4,000 miles on it and really can't fault it as a bike or scooter, Get out there and try one, I'm positive you won't be disappointed
    PS, talking to the Honda Rep who called in at my dealers yesterday, I asked if Honda had any plans to make a set of hard Panniers, his answer was a definite yes, but they're not in production yet,

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345