Motorcycle Clubs in France

RayS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

This enquiry is addressed to GSer's based in France.

We have a small cottage in the Tarn (SW France) which we go over to occasionally and I just wonder whether there is a group or website equivalent to the "UKGSer's" in France?

I often see groups of motorcyclists out for ride outs at the weekend, not GS's but more likely HD cruisers, but how can I meet other localish GS riders for rideouts/offroad expeditions etc?

Cheers
Ray

Ray
Have a look at the Horizons Unlimited site, click on 'Communities', then click on 'Contact a Community' and you'll see that there are nine members in various parts of France who should be able to help you.

Hi Ray

We're a couple of hours north of you in the Dordogne. We've been here for years but I'm not really the club type so have not really investigated. I did try to find out about trail riding groups/clubs locally but find they tend to take it all rather seriously. Like you I've noticed vast hordes of Harley riders - in fact, I got tangled up in a bunch this morning when I was out on the GS.

A friend of mine is in the throes of setting up a bike club for English speaking motorcyclists in France. He plans to arrange trips to GPs and superbike races, track days and off road stuff but it's early days yet - try www.motobif.com

Thanks for the information guys. I plan to contact the motobifer'ssoon when I bring the bike out

Ray

RayS said:
Hi

We have a small cottage in the Tarn (SW France) which we go over to occasionally and I just wonder whether there is a group or website equivalent to the "UKGSer's" in France?

I often see groups of motorcyclists out for ride outs at the weekend, not GS's but more likely HD cruisers, but how can I meet other localish GS riders for rideouts/offroad expeditions etc?

Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray.....I've PM'd you....Jaq

French Tom said:

A friend of mine is in the throes of setting up a bike club for English speaking motorcyclists in France. He plans to arrange trips to GPs and superbike races, track days and off road stuff but it's early days yet - try www.motobif.com

accessed the website a couple of days ago...ad e mailed the guy who has set it up
note...its under construction at the moment...and is a bit difficult to read.....
but the guy (perry) is really helpful and i'm sure its going to be a great site when it goes live....

RayS,
I think the French bikers are great, they are always friendly, welcoming, see a few bikes out side a local café that's the local club!
I do most of my GS riding in France, it is really easy to meet the local bikers, find one with a local reg.plate and then you will quickly know all of them.

There are local clubs, near where I go in SW France is the club of "Motards du Condomaise, a f*****g good club in Condom! So they do have local clubs who organise trips out, dinners and other social events. Just ask the locals.
cheers,
Barrie

RayS said:
Hi

Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray, there isn't a site nearly as good as this one in France (creep, creep), but there are some useful ones like this
If you're looking for GS's in particular, it may be worth visiting the local dealer when you're next down, and asking if some of them know of any rides. It's funny here in that it only seems to be Harley riders to stick to one marque convoys, whilst all other groups is made up of pals who like going out on their bikes, so you see R1s, GSs, Cruisers, and even big scooters like T-Maxs all out together. I went out last week to Cannes with ..
1. Adventure
2. Harley
3. Chopped Kwak ST1000
4. Transalp
5. TDM 850
6. ZX9 R

Mine looked the nicest though, and I was hoping to have a chat with Ewan about it, but never bumped into him.

Maybe we should start an expat-France motor club.... all brands accepted, even Harley.

Could be fun.

Good idea...

Mike Werner said:
Maybe we should start an expat-France motor club.... all brands accepted, even Harley.

Could be fun.

Would we be insured for meets though? How would we elect the commitee...

:D

Re: Good idea...

franco said:
Would we be insured for meets though? How would we elect the commitee...

:D

We do it the French way, we all write several books, pretend to be intellos, not have any different platforms, and then when the others get elected, we start snipping at them. Great fun !!

Back
Top Bottom