Navigator VI

:beerjug:
thanks - something to have a play with tonight. Just downloaded the app to my phone. As I've worked in this office for 10 years now, I didn't bring my GPS with me today - I do like to live on the edge....

I didn't know it even had it until after I bought it so was a nice surprise.

b8bf4d6b8a400584ea1f5bdeccd566c4.jpg

Sneak preview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the rest looks better and a bit more modern because that menu looks exactly the same as the current one.

I hope the rest looks better and a bit more modern because that menu looks exactly the same as the current one.

Agreed. It looks like the exact same unit, with a couple more features and a thinner frame.:blast

I'll probably still buy one though!:blast:p

Agreed. It looks like the exact same unit, with a couple more features and a thinner frame.:blast

I'll probably still buy one though!:blast:p

Yeah me too haha...I'm a sucker for new gadgets. I hope the main display is the same as the 595 though as the alerts and phone function look like a much better implementation than the Nav V.

Yeah me too haha...I'm a sucker for new gadgets. I hope the main display is the same as the 595 though as the alerts and phone function look like a much better implementation than the Nav V.

If we can get a group buy for under £600, it's cheaper than a night in town with Mrs Nutty, plus I'll have something to show for it, rather than a hangover!:JB

Tell us more

Unfortunately I do not know more than I posted earlier. Dealer says coming in March, better retina type screen, spotify app, gopro app of some sort and whatever else Garmin includes for their top end units this year. Will fit existing Nav V cradles too. We'll need to wait a few more weeks for some official info.

Unfortunately I do not know more than I posted earlier. Dealer says coming in March, better retina type screen, spotify app, gopro app of some sort and whatever else Garmin includes for their top end units this year. Will fit existing Nav V cradles too. We'll need to wait a few more weeks for some official info.

Looks like the resolution is still the same according to the BMW website :(

My free (with the bike) NAV 5 is only as a accurate speedo, so don't think I'll be buying a NAV 6 anytime soon :)

I wouldn't rely on it as an accurate speedo. Got flashed twice "in the face" in France last year. According to satnav I was doing 79kmph. On a physical speedometer 82kmph. :nenau

Looks like the resolution is still the same according to the BMW website :(

Can you link to where you found information about Nav VI on BMW's website?

Can you link to where you found information about Nav VI on BMW's website?

Hi RTz

Link to the Navigator VI info on the BMW Motorrad international site shown below:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html then click 'Equipment' then 'BMW Motorrad Navigator VI' to the right of the popup window.

Kind regards

Nick

01452 872600

Thanks! Yes, they seem to have updated their page with Nav VI's specs and features.

The resolution is set to be the same as Nav V? That's a shame. The dealer who had been to the product demo event recently said the screen is much better. Maybe he meant the brightness and/or glare.

I cannot enjoy riding without my NavV, but in very bright sunlight, with my highly polarised Oakley's on, I cannot read the display on max brightness; almost unusable.

Spoke to Vine's yesterday. They are saying end of march earliest. Price approx £675! so a jump up from the old unit.

Nav VI v's Polarized sunglasses

I cannot enjoy riding without my NavV, but in very bright sunlight, with my highly polarised Oakley's on, I cannot read the display on max brightness; almost unusable.

GrinningGSer,

In the specification I noticed it says:
"Even brighter with optimal legibility thanks to the circular polarization filter display, even during direct sunlight"

Of course the circular part doesn't refer to it's shape, but the the non-linear method of polarization. That's the type of filters required for digital cameras.

I had to change from wearing polarised sunglasses in "glass cockpit" equipped aircraft because it was difficult to read the screens for the same reason you found you can't use your Oakley sunglasses with the Nav V.

It might be worth going to a dealer with your Oakley's and see if that means they will work with the new displays. You'll know in the showroom if it works.

Let's know if it will work with polarised sunglasses.

Back
Top Bottom