Bretagne (Brittany)

Wapping

Reaction score
The Brittany tourist office's efforts.

626px-Bretagne_in_France.svg.png

http://www.tourismebretagne.com/s-i...rt/10-idees-pour-decouvrir-la-bretagne-a-moto

Scroll down the page to the road books.

I haven't got the .gpx downloads to open on my Mac in BaseCamp yet. I'm not sure why but the Google maps offered up would be easy enough for anyone to recreate in BaseCamp or Mapsource.

Last edited:
Not working on Win10 either - "not a valid file."

These appear to be xml files or similar that appear to have had there extensions changed to .gpx Inside is a combination of waypoints and straight line tracks, the only thing useable in these files are the waypoints, if anyone wants them give me a shout.

There's some ideas on Brittany Ferries site too - https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/holidays/car-motorcycle-tours/france

The maps are pretty useless except to give you a rough idea where the route brings you but the 'itinerary' tab gives some good info on places to go & things to see and the 'accommodation' tab, surprisingly :D, gives some accommodation hints
Not quite as easy as downloading some of Wapping's routes to your steeds sat nav but sure, if it was all that easy where would the 'adventure' be :nenau

I've been told one of the best roads in Brittany is the D767 from Guingamp to Vannes.

I know one of the best roads is D785 from Morlaix to Quimper (although Quimper isnt the best town)

Paimpol, Auray and Quiberon are gems and La trinite-Sur-Mer is also a nice stop :thumb

I've been told one of the best roads in Brittany is the D767 from Guingamp to Vannes.

I know one of the best roads is D785 from Morlaix to Quimper (although Quimper isnt the best town)

Paimpol, Auray and Quiberon are gems and La trinite-Sur-Mer is also a nice stop :thumb

The D767 is my fav local road from my little place in Brittany. I rode up and down it twice last week but starting just SW of Loudéac up to Guingamp and back . Still about 50km each way. Great fun .

The D767 is my fav local road from my little place in Brittany. I rode up and down it twice last week but starting just SW of Loudéac up to Guingamp and back . Still about 50km each way. Great fun .

We have plans for later in the year to give it a try, probably stay over in Vannes and loop back up to St Malo via Dinan or some such like :thumb

I spent an afternoon & the following morning in Parc d'Armorique and the D785 is indeed a cracking road. But there's lots of the smaller roads around it that are as good or better. And even quieter....

A couple of us are headed out to Brittany on Weds 22nd I have made a note of the D767 and waypointed it, if we get the chance I'll check it out :thumby:

A couple of us are headed out to Brittany on Weds 22nd I have made a note of the D767 and waypointed it, if we get the chance I'll check it out :thumby:

Wave if you spot a white ATAS. I’m here now and back next week . Most likely riding that very road on 24th .

Good place for a coffee in Guingamp before or after the run

9864578fa451729d8991f56e4e2f754e.jpg

I am too good to you people.

Here is a suggested (it's not compulsory) jaunt from Alpentourer magazine.

1183e133395189427b19ad977ffaa09b.jpg

As it did not included the fabled D767, nor Arsey's favourite'est bar in the whole wide world, I took the liberty of adding both in. The D767 is RED, in case anyone misses it.

55b7299f4f1f603e0ddd138d218851b9.jpg

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k33yavhxw...nc. d767 and cafe : bar in guingcamp.gpx?dl=0

PS I could have taken the little blue flags out, which came across from Alpentourer but I couldn't be arsed. Do with them as you see fit.

Wave if you spot a white ATAS. I’m here now and back next week . Most likely riding that very road on 24th .

Good place for a coffee in Guingamp before or after the run

9864578fa451729d8991f56e4e2f754e.jpg

It’s likely that we will be on that road on the 24th heading North I’ll look out for you, I don’t wave or nod to biker mates natch but I’ll try and remember to be sociable as I’ll be in foreign lands, we will be on 2 Multi’s and a 1250GS HP :D

I am too good to you people.

Here is a suggested (it's not compulsory) jaunt from Alpentourer magazine.

1183e133395189427b19ad977ffaa09b.jpg

As it did not included the fabled D767, nor Arsey's favourite'est bar in the whole wide world, I took the liberty of adding both in. The D767 is RED, in case anyone misses it.

55b7299f4f1f603e0ddd138d218851b9.jpg

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k33yavhxw...nc. d767 and cafe : bar in guingcamp.gpx?dl=0

PS I could have taken the little blue flags out, which came across from Alpentourer but I couldn't be arsed. Do with them as you see fit.

Thanks Richard we will be arriving in Roscoff so will likely follow the coast West then divert into the Amorique national park and probably head to Pointe du Raz and then follow the coast towards Vannes, that’s as far as the plan has goes so a hoon on our awesome speeds along the D767 fits in nicely with our intention to head towards the Normandy coast and some of the WW2 sites :thumby:

RiDE magazine has some not too bad suggestions:

https://www.ride.co.uk/ride-guide-to-france

The gpx routes seem to download OK into BaseCamp. Or, at least they do onto my Mac.

037362af34db29db3f36e6c978a61ae5.jpg

11a61f2b6bbcc35045e9b81afc2917cb.jpg

d0bef3175392ef4ab5849682b95631d1.jpg

That being said, it might be worth noting that they downloaded as 'Car' routes. This might (depending on a number of circumstances and / or personal preference settings) lead to some recalculation for some users. If you get stuck, head to the gps section.

If you then save the rote as a track and export it to say your desktop, you can then open it up in other software. For instance, into Kurviger. But do take a little care as sometimes Kurviger might (depending on its own algorithms) alter the direction the route takes, as this screenshot shows:

5e851ad5c723dfe7012ef9bc0d1392a2.jpg

As you can see, the RiDE route took the straight road (the broken orange line) whilst the Kurviger version (the blue line) takes you off on a detour through the village of Sacey, simply because it can and will, if only because it's not straight.

The same track can also be uploaded into the popular MyRoute app, where no alteration will take place, the route remaining faithful to RiDE’s original:

b6ee4b93fe130ac91cefc25544edc0b7.jpg

In MyRoute you can then display the route in the also very popular Michelin map format:

78e2acac7c5b23d5b302c08d26305346.jpg

MyRoute will also allow you to alter the route, if you see fit and export it to your gps device. Play around, it's (near enough) free you can't really can't break it.

Back
Top Bottom