Mitas E09 Dakar Tyre

Karlz

Reaction score
I just put a rear Mitas E09 tyre on the hp2 today (have a metzler unicross on the front)
I'm off for a blast in the Victorian High Country next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Great tyre, one of my favourites on the HP :thumb2

Yep also my favourite rear tyre on the 640.

Tried fitting a 140 E09 to my 950SE, impossible! So took it down to the local bike tyre fitters, it took four of them an hour to get it on, even then it wasn't quite seated properly. The 130' rear is a great tyre so will use that size next time.

Cheers Mav, now you have given me confidence. I'll go another 40kph faster now.
Reminds me.. Was up the back of this state park we have back of Melbourne, its called Bunyip State Forrest.

There was this flattish uphill semi graded track to the side of the gnarly stuff.
I took off on the hp2 got to the top and about 40 secs later these other bike riders rocked up.
They were offroad coppers! They mostly ride 450 yams.
The cops said to me "ff..., how fast were you going, I said 140.

Its the sauce.

Cheers Mav, now you have given me confidence. I'll go another 40kph faster now.
Reminds me.. Was up the back of this state park we have back of Melbourne, its called Bunyip State Forrest.

There was this flattish uphill semi graded track to the side of the gnarly stuff.
I took off on the hp2 got to the top and about 40 secs later these other bike riders rocked up.
They were offroad coppers! They mostly ride 450 yams.
The cops said to me "ff..., how fast were you going, I said 140.

Its the sauce.

Good work!!

Tried fitting a 140 E09 to my 950SE, impossible! So took it down to the local bike tyre fitters, it took four of them an hour to get it on, even then it wasn't quite seated properly.

Trail side repairs are going to be fun then....:rolleyes:

Cant really comment on how the tyre performed.
10kms into the ride, going up a very steep broken rock track I stalled the bike. I couldnt continue up so turned around and hit a rock came off and broke the plastic barb on the fuel line.
Got a dink back to the car on a mates (cough) ktm and retrieved the bike with my Defender.

Today I ordered a new fuel distributor is part no "13 53 7 690 240".
You have to buy the whole lot. $183 in AUD, 55 Euro in Germany

Yep also my favourite rear tyre on the 640.

Tried fitting a 140 E09 to my 950SE, impossible! So took it down to the local bike tyre fitters, it took four of them an hour to get it on, even then it wasn't quite seated properly. The 130' rear is a great tyre so will use that size next time.

.............and you took the piss when I had similar trying to fit one to my Husky :forry

Wait until you try to remove it.............................. :D

Andres

Back
Top Bottom