KTM690 Vs Husky 701

rjsmith26

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Considering a purchase of a Enduro - quite a few deals about on 690's.

Have read/watched quite a lot of reviews of each but never really seen or read a direct comparison in the real world.

Anyone owned both and care to share your thoughts please.

TIA.

Not owned both but have a 690 which I enjoy. The new 701 has the new 74bhp duke engine, better turning circle, better forks and shock with longer travel and a litre more fuel capacity. Ride both and let us know which one is better. :thumb

Not owned both but have a 690 which I enjoy. The new 701 has the new 74bhp duke engine, better turning circle, better forks and shock with longer travel and a litre more fuel capacity. Ride both and let us know which one is better. :thumb

As far as I know the 74 bhp engine which is also much smoother with a second balance shaft is for 2017 onwards so any models in stock will be the 2016 models with the older engine.

That's certainly the case with the SM so can't see any difference with the Enduro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as I know the 74 bhp engine which is also much smoother with a second balance shaft is for 2017 onwards so any models in stock will be the 2016 models with the older engine.

That's certainly the case with the SM so can't see any difference with the Enduro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first stocks of the 2017 74 BHP bikes will be delivered to the dealers later this month or early December.

Dealer I spoke to tells me 24 months warranty on the bike which i guess is in line with road bike use and obviously suggests not off road competition. Husky competition bikes 6 months.

Purchase incentive 0% finance (didn't ask for package details) at the moment no cash discounts on these first bikes but I suspect they will weaken if allocated stocks remain unsold into the new year.

I have the 690 and it's great for green-laneing. One issue recently however is now I've fitted more off road/aggressive tyres it won't wheelie because the back wheel spins!

Unsold allocated stocks - just arrived at Lings Lowestoft, fill your boots boys...........

Morning Andrew

I have some good news for you! We have just taken delivery of 2 2017 model 701 Enduros. They are now available for viewings in the showroom so if you would like to come down and have a look and a chat about the bike I will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Regards

And the winner is 701

if price is not part of the equation

Attachments

• husqvarna-701-nomad-r-copy-orig_1_orig.jpg
    husqvarna-701-nomad-r-copy-orig_1_orig.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 447
You will need everyone of those 74 Austrian ponies to keep up with my awesome steed:comfort

Sublime skill, control and tenacity will be sufficient my friend :bounce1

BTW we need a planning meeting to finalise route there and back so I can get overnights sorted soon:natter

Considering a purchase of a Enduro - quite a few deals about on 690's.

Have read/watched quite a lot of reviews of each but never really seen or read a direct comparison in the real world.

Anyone owned both and care to share your thoughts please.

TIA.

Sorry for the inappropriate offerings here Mr R.J. Smith, Mikeyboy and I have nothing constructive to offer so we'll step out for now.

Mike bugger off:augie

Back
Top Bottom