aux lighting bars

Spoken to Michel and got a price, eta about 2 weeks from posting the cash.
Bars are 50 euros each.

Should have the money away by Saturday.

Big Den said:
Spoken to Michel and got a price, eta about 2 weeks from posting the cash.
Bars are 50 euros each.

Should have the money away by Saturday.

Cool.

Let me know where to send the cash

Laser's now thats a good idea for volvo driver blinding

Err, these light bars, are they available for the R1100GS also ?

:cloak :phazar

iain.

Re: Laser's now thats a good idea for volvo driver blinding

Err, these light bars, are they available for the R1100GS also ?

I already had this discussion with Michel. The mounting holes are different and Michel has never seen a 1100GS close up. Easiest thing would be to supply the bar with no mounting holes and then allow you to measure up and drill your own.

Regards,

Mike

Just an observation

Are you sure those laser cut lighting bars are legal ?

Thay look a bit sharp and could do serious damage to a pedestrian in an accident.

Youmight also be on dodgy ground claims and insurance-wise.

iaintook,

Michel is making me a lightbar for the 1100GS. Once he's designed it and made it up, it'll probably be easier for him to make others.

When mine arrives I'll let youn know.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Bandit: Are you sure those laser cut lighting bars are legal ?
No Bandit, I'm not. It's just a design I made to put some aux lights on my bike, no more, no less. But I don't think it's any more dangerous to pedestrians than other GS parts. Like the beak...?

Greetings,
Michel

I'm sorry

I thought you were trying to sell them on a commercial basis.

My mistake, please accept my sincerest appologies.

:hammer

Goody!!

Simon,

Thanks for that :) send me yours when you get it so I can have a look then ill give it back to you honest..

Iain.

P.S done it yet huh huh ?

How about an alternative to unfinished stainless?

A light bar made from material that a 5000 watt German Trumf laser can barely cut through (with significant curf and heat warpage as a result). Note that any material cut from lasers will have micro cuts that must be removed or it leaves the base material in a weakened condition.

How about a light bar made from a material that is 40% lighter then stainless steel?

Precision water cut and finished to a jeweler's finish to compliment your BMW quality motorcycle.

Significantly stronger then any laser or water cut aluminum. Stronger then any available CNC milled aluminum bar on the market. As strong as stainless steel light bars but significantly lighter. 6AL/4V Titanium - material used in British military aerospace applications.

Extremely light, strong and non-corrosive. No inter-granular corrosion issues. Designed to install on either R1150GS, R1150GS Adventure, R1100GS or F650GS.

Attachments

• cb-hid_02.jpg
    cb-hid_02.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 517
I've just been looking at this > Top of the Line . MikeO has it and it looks pretty good to me, with this and a bar under the beak from Michel I think I'll have all the lights I need.

:redlight

chuckh said:
A light bar made from material that a 5000 watt German Trumf laser can barely cut through

Significantly stronger then any laser or water cut aluminum. Stronger then any available CNC milled aluminum bar on the market. As strong as stainless steel light bars but significantly lighter.

Extremely light, strong and non-corrosive.

So strong in fact, that if you drop the bike, you rip off the entire front half of the bike?

scurrell said:
So strong in fact, that if you drop the bike, you rip off the entire front half of the bike?

I can speak from personal crash experience and from others that this is not, in most crash scenarios, the case scurrell.

I have crashed on my GS, both left and right side where I've damaged 3 of my 4 turn signals, the right valve cover guard, cracked the right valve cover. The lights, titanium light bar, oil cooler mount, beak and beak frame came out unscathed.

Look at all light bar designs currently available that use the beak attachment and you will see that they have to offer a certain amount of rigidity or your auxiallary lights that you attach will bounce, flicker and drive one crazy from the distraction.

If you have crash bars then you could use these CNC 6051 milled aluminum crash bar mounts to attach auxiallary lights to. These are designed for 25mm diameter bars and have a CNC 6051 angle bracket that supports single or dual post auxiallary lights.

Attachments

• micatech_cnc_crashbar_clamp_big.jpg
    micatech_cnc_crashbar_clamp_big.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 490
Super dooper metals

Hmm so the sooper titanium one then.. Ive spotted a flaw with your mathmatics my friend.. It looks sh1te. heheh where is the nice GS logo ? and re the microscopic cuts left by laser cutting, is that really an issue with a light bar ? and how much is it going to cost hmmm ?

Dont mean to piss on your fire, just constructive critisism you know ;)

Iain.

Re: Super dooper metals

iaintook said:
Hmm so the sooper titanium one then.. Ive spotted a flaw with your mathmatics my friend.. It looks sh1te. heheh where is the nice GS logo ? and re the microscopic cuts left by laser cutting, is that really an issue with a light bar ? and how much is it going to cost hmmm ?
Iain.

At least you weren't pointing out flaws in my spelling Iain. :)

With our light bar design, we incorporate two holes so you can mount auxiallary lights with either one or two bolts. A second pair of slots so you can neatly attach the auxiallary light wiring with the included tie straps. Does this leave room for "GS"? Sure if that really matters. We do have "GS" cut on a titanium skid plate, which when in the deployed position displays your proud bike characters. We spend much time finishing these titanium light bars to a jewel like finish. And, we offer a F650GS version which costs less then any US aluminum light bar on the market.

Consider the weakness of any light bar. A longish moment with weight suspended at the worst possible location - the ends. Travel over road surfaces that cause constant vibration and toss in the occasional off-road skirmish and those insidious little micro-cracks enlarge and enlarge and enlarge, until... Well, you guessed it material fatigue and a fatal fracture. I hope whoever is making those light bars has good insurance and a limited liability corporation.

The price of our titanium light bar is US $109.99. Our light bar is made of material that few get to see and touch much less be able to put on their GS at a reasonable cost.

I'm not completely familiar with your options in the UK or Europe, but the North American light bar options include:

In US dollars:

Terra Nova Aluminum, anodized, water cut bar $156.99
RCU light bar powder coated mild steel $149.99
Zanzbar CNC milled non-coated aluminum $110.00
Micatech Titanium light bar $129.99
Martin Fabrication uncoated Aluminum $89.99

Titanium light bars are exclusive to our company. Raw titanium costs anywhere from 10-20 times that of steel, is equally as strong, has a natural dampening characteristic, is highly non-corrosive and is 44% lighter.

We are a small company and hold customer satisfaction paramount. We believe that by combining careful design, with the best materials and the finest production methods that we can manufacture products that our customers will be proud to install on their bikes and have many miles of happy experiences with.

Iain my friend, I have an applied mathematics degree - perhaps we can someday talk attributes of titanium and combinatorial theory over a bottle of your favorite single malt.
:thumb

Attachments

• titanium_skid_plate_sm.jpg
    titanium_skid_plate_sm.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 477
I'd prefer.

To talk about Bikes and Girls over a bottle of my favourite Malt bought by you :idea

Glenmorangie ( Sherry wood finish )

Iain.

P.S The lightbar is 50 euro which is nearly 50 dollar so its cheaper and therefore ill be having one of them instead.. Also this isnt a company its an individual offering his time, not his product.

my light bar is the same in any currency 0 :)

a bit of old TV ariel - well OK I had to buy longer M6 bolts.

Why bother with a light bar at all? I fixed my 'Halfords specials' directly to the outer screws under the beak.

The first pair I fitted were linked to dip beam. I liked them so much I fitted another pair wired into high beam.

Still looks OK even with four lights under the beak and they work a treat. Far more unobtrusive than having them sticking out on stalks. Fitted where they are there is very little chance of any damage from a prang.

If I had a prang these lights would be the last of my worries!

:cool: ;)

Back
Top Bottom