GrinningGSer

Infamous old git
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Its bad timing not to have it ready yet as Xmas nears:
https://driftinnovation.com/products/drift-ghost-4k
Their website is also a bit careless or is it deliberate art ?:
i-LNPKpr9-L.png

It Is Rather annoying, as I spotted that 4K was slapped all over their website back in late August. It is also had a banner saying it would be "available this autum". After a while the banner has disappeared, so I asked a question o their FB page but had no reply since, an email was sent and got a reply, saying that they haven't got a date in mind, suggesting technical problems with the camera or they are waiting to sell of all the Ghost-S cameras (Now sold out according to their website). While at NEC MC Live last Saturday, I asked the importer when it'll be available and was given an answer that these will be on the shelves by second week of December. TBH I am fed up waiting and if these aren in the shops by mid December, Ill be getting a GoPro 5. But it would be nice to see a comparison between GoPro and Drift 4K.

Go for GoPro

I was a committed HD Drift user, using two cameras on my BMW. My Ghost started acting up, it would power up etc. I have been very active in promoting the brand through my advanced training but became very disillusioned with the brand earlier this year. They didn't want to know about the fault and offered me a 20% discount off a new camera. I already had this discount anyway, so went along the GoPro Route. Picked up a Hero 3 first then a refurbished Hero 4 with 12 month warranty. Last week the 3 developed a problem and as it was out of its 12 month warranty I thought that was that....... No contacted GOPRO via the internet, all products covered by 2 year warranty. Sent back prepaid to Holland last week, less than 7 days later replaced camera. Can not praise them enough. HD Drift take note!!!!!
So now run three GoPro, one with Sena Bluetooth for audio and another one hardwired to the Autocom - No issues. Recommended

Go-Pro ... don't forget as a subscriber you can get 15% off at Coltswold Outdoors and they sell Go-Pro's ;)

Good Tip, Thank you. Drift just released app update for their cameras, so 4K is coming and likely tomorrow 1st of December. But I think I like the GoPro idea of being wattterproof without havingg to have housing and has voice control. A little session camera will work well on the helmet.

I was a committed HD Drift user, using two cameras on my BMW. My Ghost started acting up, it would power up etc. I have been very active in promoting the brand through my advanced training but became very disillusioned with the brand earlier this year. They didn't want to know about the fault and offered me a 20% discount off a new camera. I already had this discount anyway, so went along the GoPro Route. Picked up a Hero 3 first then a refurbished Hero 4 with 12 month warranty. Last week the 3 developed a problem and as it was out of its 12 month warranty I thought that was that....... No contacted GOPRO via the internet, all products covered by 2 year warranty. Sent back prepaid to Holland last week, less than 7 days later replaced camera. Can not praise them enough. HD Drift take note!!!!!
So now run three GoPro, one with Sena Bluetooth for audio and another one hardwired to the Autocom - No issues. Recommended

I agree with you, Drift have no interest in their customers. Back in late September I posted a question on their FB page, in regards to 4K and I am still waiting for that answer.

mt friend has a go pro 4k which can record in 4k..The problem he has is when he comes to edit the recording, it breaks down into quite a lesser quality due to his PC processor not being able to cope with he speed. The end result is a video with is not even as good as a std HD one

No posts since December... I guess nobody here has got one yet. I signed up to Drifts news and updates list ages ago hoping to get an email when the 4K was out but I didn't receive sweet FA. Guess they're not that bothered about letting people know. SportsBikeShop have them listed at £300. Anyone seem them cheaper elsewhere?

Seems that this latest model is still illusive:
i-Hqkh7TS-M.png

Back
Top Bottom