Thread: Bike Valeting

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bike Valeting

Does anyone know of a good bike valeting / winter treatment (ACF50) service offered in the SW?
    Bob

There is a chap in wells I used a few years ago from all weather biker website, I do it myself now so have not reused

Quote Originally Posted by rjsmith26 View Post
    There is a chap in wells I used a few years ago from all weather biker website, I do it myself now so have not reused
    Thanks for the comment, he does not appear to be listed on the web site now and I would expect Wells would be too far.There is one in Penzance but the phone appears to be switched off, I left a message last week but not heard anything back.

I started doing it myself as had some issues (shall we say).

For the cost of x2 treatments you can get setup with suitable cleaning materials, a compresssor (greta for other jobs too) and now I give the GS 2-3 treatments a year along with other bikes as well.

Drop me a pm if you wish to have a go and happy to explain.

I just whip the seat and tank off, use a pump spray and a brush and Bob's your Uncle. I get my ACF from Transair Flight Equipment in a 4l container - they also do a 20l - which is great value compared to a spray can. I've found that the neat stuff is also a lot thicker consistency and covers/stays on the bike better. It does run though, and you need to wipe it off those areas where you don't want a bit of slippage.
    On the subject of valeting, there was a nice blonde chick touting for business at Weston Bike Night a while back and she's mobile, but I didn't get her number as I do my own.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Try all year biker x2 http://allyearbiker.co.uk/ . I use them every year two treatments available and a top job done. Looking on the web site the closest agent to you is in Marlborough but they are all mobile so if you have a couple of bikes to clean or mates with bikes i'm sure he will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    I just whip the seat and tank off, use a pump spray and a brush and Bob's your Uncle. I get my ACF from Transair Flight Equipment in a 4l container - they also do a 20l - which is great value compared to a spray can. I've found that the neat stuff is also a lot thicker consistency and covers/stays on the bike better. It does run though, and you need to wipe it off those areas where you don't want a bit of slippage.
    On the subject of valeting, there was a nice blonde chick touting for business at Weston Bike Night a while back and she's mobile, but I didn't get her number as I do my own.
    Just as well I was on hand to take her business card! I'll keep her mobile number off here but its probably on her Facebook page 'CC Motorcycle Clean' - card says 'mobile valeting service suitable for all motorcycles, includes full bike clean and ACF-50 Anti Corrosion treatment'. She's based in Bristol (Old Sodbury) and I think she said the cost was about £85 but I was in a daze at that point

Bazzer

Had my KTM done at Dick Lovett Motorrad in Bristol a week or so ago, cost £59.
    Mike

Hi All,
    Thanks for the replies, The Wells "All year Biker" guy has sadly passed away, with no competition in the area I am amazed that Ocean do not offer such a service. I have bought some cleaning stuff and a can of ACF so will set to this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by niccapotamus View Post

Yup, that's the chick.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????