Anyone Commute into London from Reigate/Redhill Area?

Jamieboy

Reaction score
I recently posted about bike parking at Sevenoaks station as we were considering a move near to Sevenoaks - anyway that has fallen through and the wife now has her heart set on Reigate/Redhill so considering the pros and cons etc.

I know the trains are all up the spout at the moment so...

Anyone commute by bike into central London from this area (or anywhere relatively close)? If so, about how long does it take and what are the best routes?

(or does anyone ride to a station with frequent trains, park up and continue in by train...?)

Putting the start and end points into AA routefinder it directs you all the way around the M25 to the A2 and then in via the Blackwall Tunnel. Seems a bizarrely long way around - but then that route is for cars, whereas surely on a bike you could make better progress on a more direct route...

Anyway, if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.

I take the 217 / A24 to London Bridge. Takes me about 50 mins on an Xmax400. I sometimes leave it at Redhill station if weather is really bad; free and safe.

Thanks mate. Sounds good. I'm near St Paul's so probably about an hour at your rate of progress. Seems acceptable.

I go in from Reigate to Covent Gdn and it takes me around 50 mins to an hour. I do however leave at 05.45 as my work starts at 07.30. A217 all the way up into Tooting and Clapham, then straight through Stockwell, Vauxhall, Waterloo bridge and bingo!

I ride into near Liv Street from near Cobham. I use A3 then go via Waterloo, Blackfriars and then bank. Takes about 80 mins at 7.30 am.

After the general bollocks and drama of selling, buying and moving I'm now in reigate. Have done only a week commuting and tried different routes. Need to find the sweet spot as so far I've had parts of one journey eye go well and then others less so - not really had a decent run all the way through. Using the above suggestions as a basis - so thanks again chaps.

Back
Top Bottom