Rukka Arma S worth the money

Wappings comments are correct.

Zip only goes wrong when user gets it wrong.

Swear by my Armas suit, great piece of kit. But too hot in the summer.

No idea if quality is different since move to china.

Paddy.

My replacement came from China and is fairing better than the original ;)

:beerjug:

Mine is made in china and the quality is far superior to anything i have owned before :thumb

Wappings comments are correct.

Zip only goes wrong when user gets it wrong.

Swear by my Armas suit, great piece of kit. But too hot in the summer.

No idea if quality is different since move to china.

Paddy.

Nope, the shop confirmed I was doing mine correctly. It was simply down to being a fat git that they said they had some issues with. I prefer the replacement Armaxis :)

Tested out the new rukka stuff today and got to say it's excellent :D

Nothing on under the trousers and only a t-shirt on under the jacket ......and warm all day long ..... infact only got cold when i stop for a brew at a roadside cafe .....but once i did the jacket up and got back on the bike i warmed up again ....

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb from me for the rukka suit

I spent a fortune on the stuff, yes it keeps me dry . But zip falling apart on first trip, 8 weeks to repair and then the arms have come undone.

I spent a fortune on the stuff, yes it keeps me dry . But zip falling apart on first trip, 8 weeks to repair and then the arms have come undone.

i'll keep an eye on it cheers , good job for warranty :thumb2

Worth it. Wouldn't buy any other kit than Rukka. Never failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be two school's of thought;

it is great and I'm really happy with it OR it's fucking shite and isn't worth the money.

C`est la vie.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

The 'rubber' zips are fine, unless you are a chimp. Many are.

Trust me on all of the above.

The gore text lock out rubber zips are so "fine" that they have been discontinued on all biker clothing now, having debuted on the staggeringly expensive Klim Adventure suit, and are now used in precisely no biker gear, or, as far as I can see, any other kind of gear.

This is because they are shit. They offer no advantages over a good old YKK zip that doesn't require a handbook and maintenance kit.

FFS, it's a zip! It's like require an instruction manual for a hat!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gore text lock out rubber zips are so "fine" that they have been discontinued on all biker clothing now, having debuted on the staggeringly expensive Klim Adventure suit, and are now used in precisely no biker gear, or, as far as I can see, any other kind of gear.

This is because they are shit. They offer no advantages over a good old YKK zip that doesn't require a handbook and maintenance kit.

I had a Held and 2 Rukka jackets with the lockout zip. No issues...You should have received a small silicon pen to treat the zip. Needs to be done every 2/3 weeks so yes it is not convenient.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2BoBiVgEvfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They were introduced because when fitted unlike a zip to be waterproof they do not need an outside covering flap and to be windproof they do not need an inner overlap of material and therefore save the manufacturers money on making the garment , NOT because they are better than a conventional zip

After too many commutes home with my 'lock out' zip gaping wide open, I sent the jacket back. Turned out I had not forgot how to use a zipper, but a small tab at the bottom had broken. The replacement still took several tries to get done up, despite regular applications of silicon. Seemed to me it was a not-very-good engineering solution looking for a problem. I convinced the seller to take the jacket back and I took the next model down in the range, precisely because it did not have that silly zipper.

Back
Top Bottom