Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCM 450GP

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

CCM 450GP

Considering a CCM 450GP, anyone on here own one or ridden one, any feedback, Good , Bad , Indifferent?

many thanks

really depends on what you want it for.great lightweight for some greenlaning or pottering about locally but crap for any distance main road riding...
    under powered under geared.
    ive had 664 ccm and 604 rotax....great bikes. had a test ride on the gp450 and found it slow and booring compared to the aggressiveness of the other 2...
    also if you intend to keep it for a few years....ccm imo are crap when in comes to parts and customer services....they don't hold parts for anything older then a couple of years.....their bikes are made up of donor parts from other bikes so if you need parts better off finding which other bikes they came from...that's the cheaper option...ccm will charge you a fortune for the same parts.....haines are a great supplier of parts for these bikes....
    personally I wouldn't touch it but for years ive had problems with ccm customer services....they just don't seem to give a shit once they've sold you a bike...I know there a small family owned setup but I would never deal with them again....

and at £9500 new you could get something else more capable then a 450....

Quote Originally Posted by FERRET View Post
    Considering a CCM 450GP, anyone on here own one or ridden one, any feedback, Good , Bad , Indifferent?

many thanks
    Drop Jud a PM
    He's got one and loves it!!

Quote Originally Posted by FERRET View Post

many thanks
    Seem to be getting good reviews and owners seem to like them

Toddy here has one
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

CCM 450GP

I too looked at one and was put off due to it being 5 speed and a few reviews suggested it wasn't ideal for distant work at motorway speeds .

I took one out for a couple of hours on and off road......off road very capable but still under powered imo...
    longer higher speeds wasn't impressed....my older 644 and 604 were way more capable at those speeds...
    there was talk of bigger engine options like a 650....
    and yes 5 gears wasn't enough....
    if you've got loads of money to throw around on a greenlaner then this is will do the job...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Seem to be getting good reviews and owners seem to like them

Toddy here has one
    I do indeed love mine and have had great service from the factory.

I use it pretty much exclusively for off road trips where it has more than enough power for me. It went to Morocco and Iceland this year and had no problems carrying all my camping kit and doing long distances off road and didn't miss a beat.
    I use a different bike for road trips (GS LC) so can't comment on the CCM for this other than I did run it in on the road and it was much fun down tight B roads.

IMHO the chassis is superb and it handles very well. The factory have also recently launched a stage1 dyno jet kit which improves fuelling, a full power plug and a quill exhaust which transforms the power delivery.

A lot depends on what you want to do with it. I wouldn't have it as my only road bike but I would recommend it highly if you want yo do longer off road stuff. You can also get the RS version which comes with super moto wheels for dual purpose use.

Well worth a test ride

Quote Originally Posted by kevingrahambutler View Post
    few people I spoke to said you had trouble keeping it up right, not sure how true that is
    That's nowt to do with the bike though is it?

Fell off it constantly in Morocco, didn't fall off it at all in Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by Toddmeister View Post
    That's nowt to do with the bike though is it?

Fell off it constantly in Morocco, didn't fall off it at all in Iceland
    Isn't that a bit racist?

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

Quote Originally Posted by DING-DONG View Post
    I too looked at one and was put off due to it being 5 speed and a few reviews suggested it wasn't ideal for distant work at motorway speeds .
    Motorway wasn't the intended use

Was it?
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

motorway speeds will be soon be 50mph anyway so it will perfect then

Quote Originally Posted by kevingrahambutler View Post
    lol,,, im not a sand lover,,,,,,its what it is, I do think its over priced when you consider you can have a 690 or a 701 for less money, when you think I just bought a new wk 400 for £1900 what do I no cos I buy some crap
    There will always be other choices and other cheaper bikes, but as a straight out of the box lightweight, off road focussed long distance machine it's a pretty good option. I also like the fact that it's a bit different from the KTM/Honda/Yamaha offering and has a bit if good old British heritage behind it. You can meet the blokes who built it when you collect!

As for the WK - looks interesting and at that price you can always throw it away after a trip

CCM 450GP

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Motorway wasn't the intended use

Was it?
    So how do I get to spain from Derbyshire tis 250 miles this side to the ferry, when I had a lengthy conversation with one of the guys from CCM he was adamant it would be fine needless to say several bods said it wasn't good over long distances.

So how do I get to spain from Derbyshire tis 250 miles this side to the ferry, when I had a lengthy conversation with one of the guys from CCM he was adamant it would be fine needless to say several bods said it wasn't good over long distances.
    Not the easiest bike to put a smaller front sprocket on.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I gave mine to Mark Moon (Buttonmoon on here) who drove it down in a van. I flew to Malaga

One lady CCM owner has just ridden her GP450 from UK all the way to South Africa so 250 miles shouldn't be a problem

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast