Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CCM 450GP

Quote Originally Posted by FERRET View Post
    Done that Finn, bought a secondhand one, not demo from them�� And as toddmeister says you can have full power without invalidating the warranty. I will use it for a few weeks before I decide on wether to have the full power upgrade.
    Fitting the full power plug alone WILL invalidate the engine warranty. The factory approved factory/dealer fitted Power Commander, full power plug and Quill exhaust mod alone retains the warranty. Tom G

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by sanqhar View Post
    Fitting the full power plug alone WILL invalidate the engine warranty. The factory approved factory/dealer fitted Power Commander, full power plug and Quill exhaust mod alone retains the warranty. Tom G
    You at quite correct, you have to have the power commander with the full power plug to keep the warranty. Not sure you have to have the Quill though as I think they've got a map for standard exhaust too? I'll check with Sooty.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddmeister View Post
    There will always be other choices and other cheaper bikes, but as a straight out of the box lightweight, off road focussed long distance machine it's a pretty good option. I also like the fact that it's a bit different from the KTM/Honda/Yamaha offering and has a bit if good old British heritage behind it. You can meet the blokes who built it when you collect!

As for the WK - looks interesting and at that price you can always throw it away after a trip
    I love mine , had the power commander, performance plug and exhaust and this transforms the bike ,

Quote Originally Posted by Jud View Post
    I love mine , had the power commander, performance plug and exhaust and this transforms the bike ,
    My mate phil and i both have ccm 450 we rode up to the factury together to have the upgrades done these are his comments ,and i fully agree
    Yesterday I made the 250 mile round trip to Bolton for the power pack upgrade - the route there and back was a mixture of fast A roads, slow twisty's, motorways and city riding so a great chance for a direct comparrision.
    The first thing to say is "WOW". The upgrade transforms the bike. It's no understatement to say its like riding a different bike. The fueling and throttle response is superb.
    City Riding: Smooth, great torque and pulls much more easily throughout the gear range. No more surging or feeling like you need to be in-between gears. 30MPH in 4th gear with a constant throttle is a breeze - just wind it open and it pulls without hesitation.
    Motorway Riding: You can actually feel the bike straining less at 70/75mph. It feels so much more free revving. Open the throttle and your up to 80MPH for overtakes much quicker and it doesn't feel like your ringing its neck.
    A Roads/Twisties - The fueling feels perfect throughout the range in ever gear. Pulls better out of the corners, comes up to speed for overtakes much quicker, no overrun or surging on downhill hairpins. More power throughout the range. Completely predictable and even more fun than standard.

I went for the Steel with carbon tip option (I don't like delicate full carbon exhausts on an adventure bike that needs to take some abuse) and its lightweight, looks good and with the baffle in, not that much noisier than the standard can - It certainly isn't offensive.
    When the price was first released my first thought was "thats bloody expensive" but its been worth every penny - It is smoothest, best fuelled single cylinder bike i've ridden.

Hi Judd, sounds like a worthwhile upgrade, a few questions if I may:
    how long did it take for the factory to fit?
    are the service intervals affected?
    and if you don't mind ,how much does it cost?

thanks
    Stuart

[Hi it takes around 2/3 hours to fit , there are various options power commander , you can then add power plug and then exhaust , for all three its around £900 ,expensive but well worth it , plus still retain full warranty
    the benefits of the exhaust is losing the cat, bike runs a lot cooler and sheds a bit more weight , i don't find it a problem on the motorway ,
    we recently did a north yorks moors trip over a couple of days ,including some really washed out climbs the suspension is superb , its a cracking bike
    If your on face book join the ccm 450 riders page full of info etc
    I have only found ccm a pleasure to deal with
    Regards
    George

a QUOTE=FERRET;4561641]Hi Judd, sounds like a worthwhile upgrade, a few questions if I may:

thanks
    Stuart[/QUOTE]

Sorry forgot service intervels same as standard ,
    But as with all my bikes cars etc i always change oil a lot more often than service intervals but ccm same as ktm only takes just over a liter of oil

Quote Originally Posted by Jud View Post
    [Hi it takes around 2/3 hours to fit , there are various options power commander , you can then add power plug and then exhaust , for all three its around £900 ,expensive but well worth it , plus still retain full warranty
    the benefits of the exhaust is losing the cat, bike runs a lot cooler and sheds a bit more weight , i don't find it a problem on the motorway ,
    we recently did a north yorks moors trip over a couple of days ,including some really washed out climbs the suspension is superb , its a cracking bike
    If your on face book join the ccm 450 riders page full of info etc
    I have only found ccm a pleasure to deal with
    Regards
    George

a QUOTE=FERRET;4561641]Hi Judd, sounds like a worthwhile upgrade, a few questions if I may:

thanks
    Stuart
    [/QUOTE]

Stop it, stop it - I am trying to hold off until Service time in the spring ...... or maybe the New Year Sale.......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234