RST paragon v

ninjarich1971

Reaction score
Just converted to the German side from rice rockets and one reason was that I was getting tired of seeing touring types pulling into filling stations in the cold and rain and whilst I was sitting shivering in cold wet leathers they were enjoying the height of comfort in various makes of textile garb. Obviously there were a multitude of other reasons but the out come was that I decided with new bike I'll have me some of that textile stuff.
Took a peruse around and took a fancy to the rst paragon v stuff in silver and red (grey and orange) unless I'm colour blind but hey if that's what they say then who am I to argue.
Took a trip down to the sports bike shop a la Boston, Lincs and had a go at squeezing my not inconsiderable mass into the kit. I'm 6ft 3 and 18stone so it's never gonna look good but to say the sizing is ridiculous is an understatement, with the inner jacket and inner trouser you don't need to be wandering around the small to medium sizes that's for sure. It would appear that a measure of my physique is the number of x's in front of xl. Well I settled on 4xl which was a pretty good fit and some 40"trousers which had bags of room.
I've had several trips out and really have to say that they are bloody brilliant. Now I know that they are not £1800 suit brilliant but they are everything I could want. The upshot is that we have just been out today on a jaunty 250 mile blast on motorways, a roads and B roads. The temperature was barely above freezing and with the wind chill it must have been well below.
I was wearing a pair of shreds and a t shirt and was absolutely toasting warm and never been happier. Even at motorway speeds nothing was getting through, in fact the only problem was ice cream brain freeze from riding with the visor up on my helmet due to the low sun.
My mate on the other hand came out looking like Scott of the Antarctic, I've never seen so many layers and all the way home down the a1 I could hear him shivering over the intercom.
So all I'm saying is that for £350 I absolutely cannot fault the rst paragon v in the cold. It could be a piece of shit in the rain but we haven't got to that yet.
Interested to know what other folks think, bearing in mind that I tend to ride purely for leisure not to commute or courier, maybe if I were doing that then I would spend more money but if I'm totally happy at £350 then is there a point? :blagblah

I was in RST before getting my Halvarssons suit last year, the RST may be at the more budget end of the market but it's top end of the sector, I did a couple of years in it commuting and leisure trips all year round and it never leaked, survived a low speed off with no issue, and even in all day torrential rain stood up admirably. After 2 years of abuse the seams that meet under the crutch started to leak where they cross over each-other but that was it, I kept the jacket as a spare.

As with any layered jacket you will get colder as the outer layer wets-out and the wind chills that water, but that's the only downside and you're about £1000.00 better off.

I spent 20 quid and bought a Millets own brand zip up cag and (Peter Storm) which goes in the roadkill pocket at the back of my jacket and if I get caught out in torrential rain and will be in it for a while I slip it on to avoid the wetting-out and chills.

Back
Top Bottom