Advice on hotels/roads on route to Benidorm

Bake

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have booked the ferry for the 2nd week in June 2017 to Santander and will be meeting up with some of the lads who are flying into Benidorm for a long weekend, looking for advice on best routes and at least one hotel stop on the way there.

If anyone fancies joining in let me know, currently have four bikes and a classic car!!

Please, never goes amiss.

Make it easy on yourself between now and next June. Go to the RiDE magazine website and download the routes from their 'Spain special'. See what ideas that gives you and report back, please.

I'd forgotten all about the Ride routes,have used then in the past for southern Spain, will give them a go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I stayed in Eurostars hotels in Spain 2013. eurostarshotels.co.uk
Excellent value for me and the missus with secure parking at Vallbona de les monges and also Segovia, which was particularly good value just north of Madrid.
Dunno on their pricing now, but quality/rating/pricing was really good back in 2013 and I'd deffo use them again.
Enjoy your trip, jealous!
:nod

How rude of me........ Thanks to everyone for your comments

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One tip: rather than looking at the routes in the Guide to Spain/Guide to Europe, go onto the RiDE website's routes section and look in the Guide to the Alps section. Under the "Other Spanish mountains" heading is Route 65: Dos Aguas and the Costa Blanca, which runs from Valencia to Benidorm (well, Vilajoyosa, just a few miles away). I learnt about the top end of the route from one of Triumph's Spanish development riders - who if I understood him correctly had learnt about it from Hector Barbera when they were kids racing together (Barbera comes from Dos Aguas or somewhere close to it). The bottom half was shown to me by an ex-pat friend who lives on the Costa. Easy to fit into a run from Zaragosa.

One tip: rather than looking at the routes in the Guide to Spain/Guide to Europe, go onto the RiDE website's routes section and look in the Guide to the Alps section. Under the "Other Spanish mountains" heading is Route 65: Dos Aguas and the Costa Blanca, which runs from Valencia to Benidorm (well, Vilajoyosa, just a few miles away). I learnt about the top end of the route from one of Triumph's Spanish development riders - who if I understood him correctly had learnt about it from Hector Barbera when they were kids racing together (Barbera comes from Dos Aguas or somewhere close to it). The bottom half was shown to me by an ex-pat friend who lives on the Costa. Easy to fit into a run from Zaragosa.

Just opened the route up!! Many thanks top tip, i would never have looked under that heading, the road looks superb

To the collective, can anyone recommend best road/ roads to take from Bilbao to Zaragoza please, I thought I'd sorted what seemed like the best roads but Simon W came up with a fantastic looking road into Benidorm so starting again with the routes.

Thanks in advance

Hi Bake, yes I'd been to Ibiza rode down to Denia and got the ferry to Ibiza. Denia isn't not too far from Benidorm, so you will probably be riding the same route as I did, nice ride down quite busy motorway around Valencia.

I actually stayed in Zaragoza on the way back home. I chose the Ibis (usually do) not expensive and had off street parking centre of town It was a picturesque 5 min walk over a bridge to the city centre.

I had been before about 7-8 years ago but the temperature was over 40 celsius we were pretty much locked in our air con apartment most of the time. So it was good to have a better look around.

I was very impressed with the place it was quite busy, the streets in the link are a very vibrant part of the city make sure you go some great bars.

Hi Bake, yes I'd been to Ibiza rode down to Denia and got the ferry to Ibiza. Denia isn't not too far from Benidorm, so you will probably be riding the same route as I did, nice ride down quite busy motorway around Valencia.

I actually stayed in Zaragoza on the way back home. I chose the Ibis (usually do) not expensive and had off street parking centre of town It was a picturesque 5 min walk over a bridge to the city centre.

I had been before about 7-8 years ago but the temperature was over 40 celsius we were pretty much locked in our air con apartment most of the time. So it was good to have a better look around.

I was very impressed with the place it was quite busy, the streets in the link are a very vibrant part of the city make sure you go some great bars.

Thanks again Jersey, its been a couple of years since ive been abroad, have to admit getting quite excited again doing the planning etc, i had forgotten all about the Ibis chain, we always used an Ibis in Breganca Portugal as the first stop off from the ferry if we were going down south

Hey Bake, I have stayed at the Breganca Ibis too (small world) on my first bike trip we went on to Porto I'd never heard of Braganca prior to staying there. Seem to remember the roads into Portugal were stunning as was Porto. :thumb

Small world indeed! We have done most of Portugal and as you say the roads in were excellent, we tended to stay inland picking out the twisty bits and I'm sure went through villages that had not seen 5 large bike loaded to the hilt pass through before

Back
Top Bottom