Orllewin Cymru, Wales 8th to 10th September 2017

VAL. H.

Thrower of cats at pigeons
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The campsite at Dolau Afon is now open. So we thought it only right to put on a bash.

Where?
The Campsite at Dolau Afon. Llanafan, near Aberystwyth. About six miles south of Devils Bridge, just over the edge of the Ystwyth and Elan valleys on the western edge of the Cambrian mountain range.

When?
8th to 10th September 2017

Facilities?
Caravans and tents. A simple electric hook up can be provided in the form of a long extension. All grass pitches, flat land, next to the Ystwyth river (with fishing rights. Fly and worm only. no coarse fishing). Toilets will be temporary, type will depend on numbers. We could have a snorers corner in the lower paddock.

Ride outs?
It would be nice to be able to offer a good range of ride outs.
A little lanes ride,
A longer more A/B road based ride out.
Possibly even an off road/fords ride.
If there is anyone interested in planning and leading any of these I'd be most grateful to hear from you.

Food?
we will be doing a Friday night curry and Saturday bolognaise. Veggie option on both nights. Again depending on numbers there will either be a marquee or gazebos for cover from the rain or the old man willing, the sun.

Cost?
£20.00 per person inclusive.

Alcohol?
(I'm erring on a change of mind here, might talk to the local pud about putting on a barrel) Considering my lack of interest in almost all types, the best I can say is; You might want to bring you're own.

Campfire?
Maybe.

Dogs?
Yes, wouldn't be the same without a few four leggers running about.

Please reply to this thread to show your interest. Once I've worked out the costs I'll start a new thread for attendees.

Jill and Val.

Attachments

• DSCN5578.jpg
    DSCN5578.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,063
  • DSCN5605.jpg
    DSCN5605.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,055
  • DSCF0146 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0146 (Medium).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 705
  • DSCF0150 (Medium).jpg
    DSCF0150 (Medium).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC03292 (Medium).jpg
    DSC03292 (Medium).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 660
It's in the diary. Tent in snorers corner please.:camping

Sounds good to me, if i can get the respite time i'll be there, dog friendly?

Val, count Erika and I in.. One tentipi as far away from snorers corner as possible...:D Depending on whether we come on the bike or the cage we may or may not have 2 dogs...

Looking forward to it already, and up for a fords ride:D

Hey Chris, :thumb2

Be good to see you both again, it's been quite a while.

Don't worry about the snorers, we have a special place for them.

Val.

Back
Top Bottom