Orllewin Cymru, Wales 8th to 10th September 2017

Is there an off road ride? if so count me in. non snoring please.

Hmm, Off road ride? Not at this stage. I'm a very poor off roader, myself but if anyone wishes to put a ride together it would be great to have the option. I shall be leading a little lanes ride and I'm looking/hoping for a volunteer to put on a big road ride.

Anyone interested in helping out please PM me.

Val.

I'm on my way to Ireland via Holyhead that weekend along with a couple of other GSers. It would be great to stop over the Saturday night and meet up with a few old and new faces but we won't have any camping gear with us. Is there a B&B or hotel close by we could book in to?

I'm on my way to Ireland via Holyhead that weekend along with a couple of other GSers. It would be great to stop over the Saturday night and meet up with a few old and new faces but we won't have any camping gear with us. Is there a B&B or hotel close by we could book in to?

Hello Dave,

Here's a couple of places that have several rooms. Give them a call.

Brynarth country guest house. Approx 5 miles from us.
WWW.BRYNARTH.CO.UK

Also

The Minors Arms. 3 miles from us.

HTH Val.

Thanks a lot Val. I think I've sorted something out and have sent you a pm.
Cheers
David

Well I think we have sorted a little lanes ride, just need to find a link round a mountain without having to resort to using the main road.

:moped::moped::moped::moped:

Some of these lanes aren't wide enough for a bike and car to pass, which could add to the fun. :thumb

Val.

Had a week off, so been busy building a new loo. A composting loo too.

We have a count of about fifteen people or so now, some not of the GSer community, but bikers all the same.

The rideout will be going off at about twelve, (we have to do a cottage clean in our holiday cottage ready for the new guests arriving later in the day) a bit later than the norm. You;ll need to make sure you have 50 miles in your tank to be on the safe side before we get to a petrol station. There will be a lunch stop at a cafe on route, so no need for sandwiches :augie

Any one wishing to join us please let me know asap.

Val.

Postcode to get you here.

For those who are coming please use this postcode

SY23 4BJ

The Campsite at Dolau Afon

PM me if you need any other directions.

See you Friday :thumb2

Val.

Not long now...guess i best sort me bike oot.

Yep, Not long now. Hmm, Bike. Thought I'd forgotten something :D Been busy getting things together, just realised it's going to get dark and we might need lights, oops, screwfix to the rescue.
So tomorrow: Check bikes, or at least see if they are still where we left them, Put up marquee (small marquee) and other shelters, Make some benches, borrow a fridge or two and generally get it all together for Friday.

Arrive when you like, if we're not about find a nice spot for your tent, a puck for your stand might be wise, and we'll see you when we return. Supper will be about 7 pm ish.

Val.

....and will you have beer or any other drink for sale on site. Just planning to save panic later on :beerjug::beer::D

...Val, I only ask because you mentioned in the first post that you might get a barrel and I wouldn't want to see it go to waste if you do!

...Val, I only ask because you mentioned in the first post that you might get a barrel and I wouldn't want to see it go to waste if you do!

I'm guessing it won't got to waste then :beerjug:

We have got a small selection of cans and wine, even got some coke. :jager If you want something more refined you might want to bring it with you.

See you Friday.

Val.

It's here! Today is the day.

Here we are at last. Everything is ready to go. Bright and sunny as I wright this :thumb2

For those early birds we might be out collecting the last minute supplies, but let yourselves in through the gates and find the best spot for your tent/camper. You'll find tea and coffee in the camp kitchen and plenty of under cover seating.

Tomorrows ride out will take in some of the very tiny roads in the area going through valleys and over mountains. There will be a lunch stop at an award winning cafe around 1.30 before continuing the ride.

Enjoy your run over here, Looking forward to welcoming you.

Val. & Jill.

Well That went ok I think.

Thanks guys for coming, a couple o' regulars a couple o' strangers and a few local friends to help out with all the food.
We had a good ride out with nine riders. The rain held off mostly, only about five minutes of the heavy stuff about fifteen minutes from home.

The rain did show it's self over the weekend but only really when we where all under cover anyway, the rest of the time I'm sure it was bright sunshine, we even saw some blue sky!

Thank you to all those who attended, we very much enjoyed your company. A special thank you to Mark and Paul for your assistance and advice given to my nephew Sean who is a relatively new rider. Also to Bill for lending his big kettle and donating loads of booze. Cheers Guys. :thumb2

Val & Jill.

TBH Val i thought it went very well. i was disappointed in the number of chaps who were up for it,expressed an interest ,and never showed though, leaving you guys with a lot of wasted food, which by the way was most excellent, my fave being the Gourmet chicken stew! wowza!.
You guys put in an enormous effort getting the site ready ,with marquees, composting toilets, and two beer fridges,and it looked great.
A marvellous ride out over the hills and far away with some new riders to the fold , one chap even took part on a 125cc, well impressed, and he kept up..mostly! And we had Sean who had just passed his test and this was his first big ride out. All in all a good bash, shame there wasnt a few more tossers,but iv covered that.Nice to meet Dave and his fellow chaps, and i even had to jump start KTM Mark this morning haha.. japanese reliabilty eh Mark, !
Thankyou Jill and Val i enjoyed it a lot. cheers Pauly.

TBH Val i thought it went very well. i was disappointed in the number of chaps who were up for it,expressed an interest ,and never showed though, leaving you guys with a lot of wasted food, which by the way was most excellent, my fave being the Gourmet chicken stew! wowza!.
You guys put in an enormous effort getting the site ready ,with marquees, composting toilets, and two beer fridges,and it looked great.
A marvellous ride out over the hills and far away with some new riders to the fold , one chap even took part on a 125cc, well impressed, and he kept up..mostly! And we had Sean who had just passed his test and this was his first big ride out. All in all a good bash, shame there wasnt a few more tossers,but iv covered that.Nice to meet Dave and his fellow chaps, and i even had to jump start KTM Mark this morning haha.. japanese reliabilty eh Mark, !
Thankyou Jill and Val i enjoyed it a lot. cheers Pauly.
I think you've said it all there Paul :thumb so nothing more to add except to say it was great to meet you all and put faces to GSer names. Hope to catch up again in the future.
All the best from Colin and Stuart as well. They are GSers but tend to just lurk! We are now on tour wiggling round the coast of Ireland. Just about to nip out for a pint in Westport :beer:
Cheers David

Back
Top Bottom