2018 KTM 790 Adventure

You might want to think about that and ask some 690 owners Oh and while your at it ask about LC8 slave cylinders :D

I was being sarcastic.

I've bought so many Oberon slaves over the years I wish I'd bought shares!

690 clutches were designed to slip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was being sarcastic.

I've bought so many Oberon slaves over the years I wish I'd bought shares!

690 clutches were designed to slip

Got me :D

https://youtu.be/XgO4Lj5ak9s

Interesting comment at around 4 minutes about the R. '880mm seat height, but there will be a lower and higher option'. Nothing on the model page unless I've missed it. That's good news and forward thinking. One size doesn't fit everyone and 880mm is pretty tall for some. Imagine they mean seat changes if anything but big up to KTM.

Another info vid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BpvEfH7cTCM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saw one in the flesh today, looks better than in the pic’s in R spec.

I agree, I liked it too today. Viewed head on it looked great IMHO and had a lot more ‘presence’ than I thought it would have. I much preferred it to the 700 Tenere although the Dakar-a-like screen & light arrangement of the Ten is really cool.

I agree, I liked it too today. Viewed head on it looked great IMHO and had a lot more ‘presence’ than I thought it would have. I much preferred it to the 700 Tenere although the Dakar-a-like screen & light arrangement of the Ten is really cool.

I think the T7 is going to have to be somewhat of a bargain to sell as its got lots of re-cycled type plastic on it. The rear shock was very soft (possibly on purpose for the shorties). The headlight / fairing looked good though.

Only thing I didn’t like on the 790 was the header/silencer, preferred the prototype coming up from the underneath, to the production version, which stuck a fair bit.

I think the T7 is going to have to be somewhat of a bargain to sell as its got lots of re-cycled type plastic on it. The rear shock was very soft (possibly on purpose for the shorties). The headlight / fairing looked good though.

Only thing I didn’t like on the 790 was the header/silencer, preferred the prototype coming up from the underneath, to the production version, which stuck a fair bit.

Saw this exhaust from ZART(?) at NEC today. Was fitted to 790 Duke but looks like it might fit the Adventure. Maybe.

IMG_1787.jpg

Saw this exhaust from ZART(?) at NEC today. Was fitted to 790 Duke but looks like it might fit the Adventure. Maybe.

View attachment 393129

It looked stunning. I spoke to the guy on the stand re the price because it appeared to be titanium full system so I imagined it would be pricey, yep £1800 :eek

Well then they won't sell any! That's just stupid. A bike that costs £8-8.5k and an exhaust for almost 1/4 of that on top. Nah! £700-£800 maybe. Just.

Well then they won't sell any! That's just stupid. A bike that costs £8-8.5k and an exhaust for almost 1/4 of that on top. Nah! £700-£800 maybe. Just.

Exactly. They'll soon bring the price down when nobody buys them.

Met a kid last year who'd paid £1200 odd for an exhaust for a Grom, so I think they'll sell a few of those 790 pipes.

Edit: 'Austin Racing'

https://youtu.be/WgDZVkuhfYQ

Unless it was a copy of course, or maybe this is a copy.

It was the Austin Racing stand I was one . You can buy Zard which are very nice ( I think they are Italian) or even Art , if they are still going , but not Zart. ;)

I certainly won’t be buying one at that price but there will be those that will. Keep this to yourself but some people pay over a grand for just a jacket you knows and I believe others pay just as much for a phone, yes a phone !!!!

Back
Top Bottom