2018 KTM 790 Adventure

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjoey.evans.7731%2Fvideos%2F2255506074539340%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

god that's a tough question...ive tried lot of stuff on my 690..the usual tkc etc..none last long....ive seen a make moto z advertised but have no experience with them

I've ran the Motoz Tractinator Adventures on my 690 for 2 seperate trips riding down to do the Italian TET and then another trip for the French TET. Very pleased on road and off road, though not great in mud. The Mk 1 front is better on the road than the Mk 2 front which has smaller knobs and thats better off road. The rear lasts for up to 5000 miles but the front is knackered earlier, especially the Mk 2, badly feathered after 3,000 miles by which time it felt horrible.

I'm trying a set of Anakee Wilds now just for the sake of experimentation and comparison. I've heard they work well off road but the rear disappears quicker than a politicians promise.

I've ran the Motoz Tractinator Adventures on my 690 for 2 seperate trips riding down to do the Italian TET and then another trip for the French TET. Very pleased on road and off road, though not great in mud. The Mk 1 front is better on the road than the Mk 2 front which has smaller knobs and thats better off road. The rear lasts for up to 5000 miles but the front is knackered earlier, especially the Mk 2, badly feathered after 3,000 miles by which time it felt horrible.

I'm trying a set of Anakee Wilds now just for the sake of experimentation and comparison. I've heard they work well off road but the rear disappears quicker than a politicians promise.

They make more than one tyre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjoey.evans.7731%2Fvideos%2F2255506074539340%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Suspension looked good there.

Suspension looked good there.

I'm not saying it isn't but if you look really closely, he/she comes down beautifully on the back wheel but the impact pitches the bike forward onto the front with the back lifting a good foot off the ground ~ fecking scary at that speed.

Andres

I'm not saying it isn't but if you look really closely, he/she comes down beautifully on the back wheel but the impact pitches the bike forward onto the front with the back lifting a good foot off the ground ~ fecking scary at that speed.

Andres

That's what I was looking at ;) :) ;)

They make more than one tyre

I'm shocked, but it'd be a hell of an expense setting up a busines to produce a single tyre :)

I didn't fancy trying their Adventure GPS as it's too road orientated for what I wanted and the Tractinator Desert H/T might not have lasted riding down to Italy and back so I can't comment on them. If I'm doing a longer trip of a month plus I don't mind changing tyres part way through but for a 2 week/3,000 mile trip I'd rather have a tyre that lasts. Just trying to help rodooo. BTW I was given the Anakee Wilds to try.

Bar Mount Kit ( riders) fitted .

Before
361d8f83996efcdad8ed59e5be40b6a8.jpg

New v old
2e7dbf7af314fced057845584949da01.jpg

After
b31721f62ac184b3a48ecb417cc7d060.jpg

I’m fitting a pair tonight any good

Yup,much better for me,especially standing on the pegs as I'm quite tall.

I was going to move them to the forward of the 3 positions but the thread is a bit dodgy so will get the dealer to sort at first service.

Yup,much better for me,especially standing on the pegs as I'm quite tall.

I was going to move them to the forward of the 3 positions but the thread is a bit dodgy so will get the dealer to sort at first service.

Champion,

So I took the 790R back to the dealer today to have the heated grips fitted ( they’d forgotten to fit them when I originally went to collect it), the software update so that the fuel gauge works and a bolt to be fitted where I’d spotted a bolt was missing.

4hrs later and the mechanics computer is stay being told by the bike and KTM he’s not authorised to access the software.

They can’t fix it until KTM Austria can go online connect with the bike and install it.

Do I need to take WiFi, a mechanic with engineers laptop away with me to Iceland ? Is this normal for KTM ?

Left the bike with them to fix it and borrowed a 1290s until they return my bike. Blimey they are fast.

Andres

I watched it almost frame by frame and the height he/she gets is amazing but when the bike comes down rear and then front suspension seems to compress and then rebound to about full extensionbut you can immediately see the dust being kicked up by the drive from the rear wheel so I don’t see how it can bounce a foot off the deck ? :nenau

So I took the 790R back to the dealer today to have the heated grips fitted ( they’d forgotten to fit them when I originally went to collect it), the software update so that the fuel gauge works and a bolt to be fitted where I’d spotted a bolt was missing.

4hrs later and the mechanics computer is stay being told by the bike and KTM he’s not authorised to access the software.

They can’t fix it until KTM Austria can go online connect with the bike and install it.

Do I need to take WiFi, a mechanic with engineers laptop away with me to Iceland ? Is this normal for KTM ?

Left the bike with them to fix it and borrowed a 1290s until they return my bike. Blimey they are fast.

Welcome to the world that is ktm

Back
Top Bottom