2018 KTM 790 Adventure

Ive the quickshifter going on mine, or being switched on would be a better description.
Can see why i would need to change cable clutch for all it will be used. Bike will be used off road weekly too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Something like this:

https://youtu.be/-NQ_Ee-jJ64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it at the bike show yesterday and it seemed fine. However, it was pointed out to me yesterday by KTM at the show the 790 on display ( same one displayed in Birmingham) had some mods which were not stock.

Sat on the standard 790 at AMS today. Got to start it and have a listen to the exhaust note. The bike sounds like a smaller (than LC8) bike. Nice and smooth revving. A bit rattly rattly, but was brand new. Not too fussed about the look of the standard exhaust! I bet there'll be a few appearing quickly on eBay! The sound isn't what most peeps will want so imagine they'll sell a load of Akra's. Seat on high setting had me on the balls of my feet but not tippy-toes. Low setting is 20mm lower so I would flat foot that easily and I'm only 5'9". The R is confirmed as 'in manufacture' in Austria as we speak so good news. Bike feels nice and thin between knees. Don't like the tall screen option - If I was buying a standard bike I'd get the 'R' screen from the off.

Sat on the standard 790 at AMS today. Got to start it and have a listen to the exhaust note. The bike sounds like a smaller (than LC8) bike. Nice and smooth revving. A bit rattly rattly, but was brand new. Not too fussed about the look of the standard exhaust! I bet there'll be a few appearing quickly on eBay! The sound isn't what most peeps will want so imagine they'll sell a load of Akra's. Seat on high setting had me on the balls of my feet but not tippy-toes. Low setting is 20mm lower so I would flat foot that easily and I'm only 5'9". The R is confirmed as 'in manufacture' in Austria as we speak so good news. Bike feels nice and thin between knees. Don't like the tall screen option - If I was buying a standard bike I'd get the 'R' screen from the off.

What optional extras did you go for ? What do you think are the must haves ( albeit not ridden it)?

What optional extras did you go for ? What do you think are the must haves ( albeit not ridden it)?

I guess it's a personal decision. But for me the quickshift/blip per and heated grips are a must. No good riding offroad in thick gloves. Fire trails maybe. Some Panniers frames, essential for when I drop the thing, and I will, although I'll wait and see what turns up as the KTM ones stick out quite a bit. Not too bothered about an Akra as I'll just dent it and imagine some cheaper options will arrive. Ideally I'd like to get rid of the pipe on the side arrangement and go to a more 990 adv type setup - might be possible to ha e some soft bags that don't make the bike too wide and still carry a load of stuff. I'll wait for some of this though as I want to make sure that I gel with the bike first before spending loads on it.

I'd get a Rekluse in a heartbeat if they bring one out. They said they will be doing one for the bike when I spoke to them in Milan, but I don't know if they can make one for a cable clutch...they do one for a Harley of course but that's a different beast.

I guess it's a personal decision. But for me the quickshift/blip per and heated grips are a must. No good riding offroad in thick gloves. Fire trails maybe. Some Panniers frames, essential for when I drop the thing, and I will, although I'll wait and see what turns up as the KTM ones stick out quite a bit. Not too bothered about an Akra as I'll just dent it and imagine some cheaper options will arrive. Ideally I'd like to get rid of the pipe on the side arrangement and go to a more 990 adv type setup - might be possible to ha e some soft bags that don't make the bike too wide and still carry a load of stuff. I'll wait for some of this though as I want to make sure that I gel with the bike first before spending loads on it.

I'd get a Rekluse in a heartbeat if they bring one out. They said they will be doing one for the bike when I spoke to them in Milan, but I don't know if they can make one for a cable clutch...they do one for a Harley of course but that's a different beast.

Yup, same...ish

Getting Akra, quick shifter,luggage plate , clutch cover etc

Will wait for Bumot to do frames so I can use my Xtremadas

Yup, same...ish

Getting Akra, quick shifter,luggage plate , clutch cover etc

Will wait for Bumot to do frames so I can use my Xtremadas

The PP frames - I wonder if they're the same as 1090/1290 ones??

I think there is a market to fit an elbow in the exhaust and move it closer to the frame.
70adbd9996cfac013647c77798ade5f9.jpg

Would regard to other pannier frames, does this help ? ( measuring distances by the Ozzy method).

adf076e5a2ccef87ad8e3f71733682b4.jpg

I think there is a market to fit an elbow in the exhaust and move it closer to the frame.
70adbd9996cfac013647c77798ade5f9.jpg

Would regard to other pannier frames, does this help ? ( measuring distances by the Ozzy method).

adf076e5a2ccef87ad8e3f71733682b4.jpg

Yeah, that's perfect....I make that 153mm nail to nail.

ive got a demo for testing on Friday,,,,,roll on

Surely we can't be that far off from some sort of press launch and a video or two by the Miserable44teethchopsyflyers.

Yeah, that's perfect....I make that 153mm nail to nail.

I don’t see heated grips on the options list. Did you find them with KTM or after market ?

Back
Top Bottom