Nav 1V SD card has no space

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to load some music last night ( I'm new to using the Nav for music) and there was not enough space on the SD card which appears to have a lot of Garmin stuff on it...

Do I just copy the stuff on this card to a higher capacity one and carry on?

Cheers

Wreford

That 'lot of Garmin stuff' is quite possibly your maps. If so, it's quite important 'stuff'.

You could try just copying ALL the folders and files over onto a new card and see what happens. If it works it works. If it doesn't, you won't have broken anything.

Me? I would move the music files and folders over to a brand new, fresh out of the packet, larger SD card. I'd then reinstall my maps to it, updating them at the same time. It might take a while but hey-ho. There again, I don't use music (or sound) at all on my GPS device or on my motorcycle.

That 'lot of Garmin stuff' is quite possibly your maps. If so, it's quite important 'stuff'.

You could try just copying ALL the folders and files over onto a new card and see what happens. If it works it works. If it doesn't, you won't have broken anything.

Me? I would move the music files and folders over to a brand new, fresh out of the packet, larger SD card. I'd then reinstall my maps to it, updating them at the same time. It might take a while but hey-ho. There again, I don't use music (or sound) at all on my GPS device or on my motorcycle.

I've never been one for listening to music but tried it a few months ago and found it made the daily commute a little more pleasent and slower - If the conditions are shitty or the traffic heavy it stays off.

I'll try the larger card and reinstalling - By that I mean I'll try and figuar out how to do that :D

In the past, I have just bought a larger capacity card and then transferred all the files from the original card to the new one. I then made sure the card "name" was the same and put the new one into my Nav V. And it worked with no issues

Back
Top Bottom