12th for 2016 - Thames Valley Christmas Do

Pumpy

That's short for Pumpernickel
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know, I know, everyone is busy in the run-up to Christmas and I'm not even sure if we would still be able to book a table anywhere - but after chatting to Berin last night, I thought I'd still test the water:

Would you like to meet on Tuesday 20th December 2016 from 19.30 onward?

Once I have an idea how many of you would actually like to come, I will search for a suitable restaurant (first the usual suspects: King Billy, Red Lion, maybe the Chequers again).

Let me know! :)

Cheers,
Ela

I'll say yes but am sure I'm doing something that evening, can't remember what though?

I'll say yes but am sure I'm doing something that evening, can't remember what though?

Work Christmas Do? Test packing for Cambodia? Rearranging your socks drawer? ;)

Test packing today, works Xmas dinner last Friday, my socks are always arranged......

Thanks for your replies! I've managed to get a table for us next Tuesday 7.30pm at the Red Lion in Brightwell cum Sotwell.

The lady has asked us if we could kindly pre-order our food - so could you please have a look at their Christmas menu and let me know what you would like to eat by Sunday evening? Cheers!

3 courses - £29.00
2 courses - £23.00

Starters
  • Goats cheese and black olive tartlet (v)
  • Chestnut, roasted butternut squash and bramley apple soup (v)
  • Chicken liver parfait pate
  • Thai crab cakes with sweet chilli dip
Main Course
  • Seared Halibut, baked porcini, potato, spinach and lemon oil
  • Roast Turkey with all the trimmings: homemade stuffing, sausage wrapped in bacon, roast potatoes and cranberry sauce
  • Game bourguignon, leek colcannon mash
  • Butternut, chestnut and lentil cake (v) (nut roast)
  • All meals served with a selection of seasonal vegetables: roasted parsnips with parmesan, sprouts, glazed carrots, mulled cider cabbage, chestnut, cranberry and sage stuffing
Desserts
  • Traditional Christmas pudding served with brandy cream
  • Black Forest trifle
  • Lemon posset with raspberry and ginger biscuits
  • Local cheese platter with homemade oatcakes and chutney
  • Coffee and homemade petit fours
See you all there!
Ela :101

Hi Folks
Sorry not to be joining you but have a great time and a Happy Christmas.
David

Back
Top Bottom