Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bose QC35 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Bose QC35 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

Anyone tried these bad boys?

I would be interested to hear your feedback.

A colleague has the Sony version and they are awesome but I think I would prefer something with buttons as per Bose.

Thoughts?

Trev
    I've gone orange 1290 SA

I've got these. Great sound quality although my first pricey on ear headphones so don't have anything to compare it to. In terms of noise cancelling, their good, but don't expect miracles. For instance, I read a review before buying mine which said that they stood next to a coffee blender with them on and didn't hear anything which having now got them I know is a load of tosh. In summary, would I recommend them - yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DottyDog View Post
    I've got these. Great sound quality although my first pricey on ear headphones so don't have anything to compare it to. In terms of noise cancelling, their good, but don't expect miracles. For instance, I read a review before buying mine which said that they stood next to a coffee blender with them on and didn't hear anything which having now got them I know is a load of tosh. In summary, would I recommend them - yep.

Have you tried them on a plane?

Do they cut down or eliminate the background noise of the throbbing Pratt & Whitneys?
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Yes - I have. They were good. Almost entirely cut out the plane 'hum'

'Don't mess with me' Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DottyDog View Post
    Yes - I have. They were good. Almost entirely cut out the plane 'hum'
    Good to know. Thanks.
    Thomas! There's a mouse duck in the house!

Probably worth adding that after about 3hrs solid using the they are uncomfortable on my ears a little and I have to have a bit of time with them off.

BOSE are Excellent - But All Noise-Cancelling Headphones Have Limitations

There is no doubt that the BOSE noise-cancellation headphones are excellent (design, form/fit, function) and that they are at the top of their league - but they are expensive (never moreso than when you get out of the airport at your destination and realise that you left them on the seat for some lucky sod 3 rows back to walk off with them into the wild blue yonder....)

All noise-cancellation headphones should be trying to attack the low frequency range at which the passenger cabin is subjected to the familiar 'drone' of the aircraft engines.....this noise is much reduced on B787s and A350s but even then, there is a persistent 'machine room compressor' type of annoyance when trying to listen to the IFE in flight entertainment system - or your own personal media device.

There's a reason why airlines such as Qatar, Singapore, Malaysia Airlines, Finnair, TAP, Air France, Etihad, Air Canada, Korean Air, Oman Air, Fiji Air, Virgin Australia and soon Kuwait Airways all provide their premium cabin passengers with high quality noise-cancellation headphones! (Oh, it could also be that I sell these headphones to those airlines and more..... ).

If you are looking for much less expensive noise-cancellation headphones and ear buds that give a 'near-Bose' experience, and which use the same noise-cancellation technology as those airlines, have a good look at www.blackboxonline.com

Whatever you do:

- don't buy crap from any brand that gives anything less than -14dB active noise-cancellation (i.e. the technical specs should state -14dB, through to -22dB)
    - make sure that the pair you buy comes with airline audio socket adapters - and one that has home stereo adaptor is useful
    - always name/label/tag your headphone case in the event that you do leave on an aircraft
    - don't expect that the headphones will completely eliminate that favourite background noise of frequent flyers - screaming kids! (the frequency range is understandably, way-off that of aircraft engines)

Safe travels!

I didn't find the Bose audio quality to be that good . I was more impressed by another make (S********r), but I wasn't paying any attention to the noise cancelling comparisons.
    Too shiny and clean to use it properly.

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsilano View Post
    All noise-cancellation headphones should be trying to attack the low frequency range at which the passenger cabin is subjected to the familiar 'drone' of the aircraft engines.....this noise is much reduced on B787s and A350s but even then, there is a persistent 'machine room compressor' type of annoyance when trying to listen to the IFE in flight entertainment system - or your own personal media device.
    Is there a significant difference between the noise cancelling capabilities of consumer headphones and aviation ones? I found the Bose ones that were fitted to this turboprop plane to be outstandingly effective.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningGSer View Post
    I didn't find the Bose audio quality to be that good . I was more impressed by another make (S********r), but I wasn't paying any attention to the noise cancelling comparisons.
    Grinning yes, Sennheiser do a great product, also.

Personal comfort is a big consideration; short/mid-haul (up to 7 hours flights) are manageable but after that (i.e. 10-hours and upwards), when you are about 3 movies into the flight (!), there comes a point at which almost any headphone has its' points of irritation......it's likely a healthy sign that one should give one's ears a break and perhaps read for a while... I've done 60,000 miles and 20 flights of various lengths since the start of October and whilst I wouldn't fly without nose-cancelling headphones, I've seen every currently shown recent-release movie and so nothing beats a good read of various international newspapers along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    Is there a significant difference between the noise cancelling capabilities of consumer headphones and aviation ones? I found the Bose ones that were fitted to this turboprop plane to be outstandingly effective.
    Hello, Schtum,

(Looks like you had a great time flying with Gateway Canyons - spectacular!)

Again, Bose do an excellent product for the cockpit and virtually own that space (I know there will be a hundred different opinions as I say that!)... the combination of n/c headphone and mic isn't what gets used in the passenger cabin - and I don't know that you can actually fit the connector pin into the passenger seats (the different in-seat/in-screen connectors are another universe in themselves....mostly, this is done to render the airline n/c headphones to be useless when off the aircraft as a means of loss-prevention).

To anyone reading that considers nicking a set from a flight: most airline IFE in flight entertainment) systems use a combination of 'slave' n/c headphones, paired with an in-seat/in-screen jack that incorporates the 'smart' electronics that perform the actual noise-cancellation processing. If you lift a pair of these puppies from an aircraft and try to use with personal media device/at home. you are looking at disappointment.

If Bose and/or Sennheiser are to rich, try the Blackbox products: www.blackboxonline.com (Mention that you are a UKGS-er and ask for a discount!).

Reggie P
    May i add... Do look at the in-ear type as well as the "over ear".

These are my favourite , but I'm sure other brands have similar capabilities .....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
    May i add... Do look at the in-ear type as well as the "over ear".

These are my favourite , but I'm sure other brands have similar capabilities .....
    Stuart - yes, it's all down to personal comfort (ear buds drive a lot of people crazy but they do fit in your pocket and can do a good job of noise-cancellation with the right electronics).....the one advantage of the larger, 'circum-aural' (over-the-ear) style is that there is some additional noise suppression achieved, via the fit of the foam-filled ear cushions, around one's complete ear - that's the bit that can subdue the noise from screaming kids.

Again, as long as the unit is delivering at least -14dB of active noise-cancellation, you are onto a winner. And any more than a 1 hour flight each year is worth the investment!

I'm only using them at my desk at work
    I've gone orange 1290 SA

Used my set on my trip to Oz,
    The noise cancelling set they give you are good, but Bose are better . They block much more ambient, and have a better quality. + side is try only used 20% battery on the out leg. ( 20 hrs)
    Mart

Reggie P
    schtum, you ride a motorbike , you should know the difference between a turboprop and a piston engine !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast