G650X Generator/Alternator Upgrade

Latest update.......

Hello,

No set ETA at the moment, still waiting for the delivery. Probably will be another 6 weeks.

Kyle Wood - Sales Manager
-------------------------------------
Procom Engineering / ElectroSport
21 Brookline, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
PH: (949) 305-4200
www.electrosport.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is getting on for a couple of years ago but did it ever come to fruition...?

Who the hell runs around at 7500rpm? I bet I average around the 3750 - 5000 mark. No rev counter to tell, but going by ear and my general pootling about. The tsandard unit keeps my battery well topped up even with uprated headlight bulb (hi power Phillips, not LED, I couldn't get another one!)

I think unless you are running heated clothing, extra lights and an array of navionics, the standard unit will cope well enough.

Who the hell runs around at 7500rpm?

Well, since you ask.....:augie I've only been out on mine a couple of times since I got it two weeks ago but I have been caning it. LED headlamp, heated grips and 35W heated back pad in my jacket are taking their toll on the battery, I think.

Well, since you ask.....:augie I've only been out on mine a couple of times since I got it two weeks ago but I have been caning it. LED headlamp, heated grips and 35W heated back pad in my jacket are taking their toll on the battery, I think.

And people told me to 'grow a pair' :p

Schtum,get a Dakar alternator on it.
I built a x challenge overlander,the standard alternator DID keep up with the demand of jacket,grips,led lights ,sat nav,but I doubt there was much left over.

Thanks Mike. If I get this Touratech prepared, ex Boorman, Paris - Dakar engine from my mate Robb, that would no doubt kill two birds with one stone. I'm still remembering you said to send you pics of it to confirm that it'll fit and I will when he's back in the country and sends me some. :D

In the meantime.....off to Motorrad Central in Dalkeith tomorrow for them to flash the ECU with Hilltop software. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom