Morocco Sept 17

S3ATS

Reaction score
Festive cheer to all, hope everyone is feeling just as stuffed as I am.

A group of 4 of us are planning a 10 day trip to Morocco at the start of Sept 17.
Having never been before and a novice to the African continent I'm looking for advice on what to do and where to go at that time of year. I've read Tim's information and have been trawling through as much as I can to get an idea of what to plan, however looking for some guidance on what is a good itinerary for the trip.

We're riding 2 1200 GS's and 2 1200 Tiger's, have some off road experience however not planning on being the next Dakar riders, just yet. Have plenty of travel experience and normally camp.

Any recommendations or guidance greatly appreciated.

Andy

Ditch the tent,accomadation is cheap..
just turn up at alloted town/village ask around and haggle..but dont forget to ask about brekkie though..

Regarding itinerary, I looked at what the tours were offering, and then decided what bits interested / didn't for me. So, In April I'm missing the delights of Fes / Marrakesh etc, and look to do them when not on the bike.

Is your 10 days in Morocco, or including traveling time?

Tent already ditched as figured it would be a tad warm at that time of year, and worst case my bivvi bag will suffice.

10 days is purely for Morocco, we've got a total of 3 weeks visiting other places around the Morocco visit.

We have 11 days in Morocco at the beginning of October. All tarmac with a 3 day stopover in Marrakesh to meet the wives who are flying over. If you have Garmin, I could send you our route if you want. I plotted it using the Viagens software, but it should work with city navigator

Ive gone away from the guided tours I much prefer the adventure of not knowing what to expect and fending for myself.

Baz, that route would be cool, although I'm a MAC man so may struggle, I use Garmin BaseMap though.

Planning on hitting some of the tracks and not all tarmac as will be riding on TKC80's / K60's

PM your email and Ill send it over.

Back
Top Bottom