best bmw boots

frank1200

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK so the Mrs is fed up with my squeaky oxtar boots and thinks i need a new pair anyway,
so she went and got me a voucher off motorrad to be spent on new boots.
my question is what BMW boots are waterproof comfortable and give good protection for a dodgy ankle.
Had a pair of BMW touring boots before found them very comfortable but did not feel very strong protection wise,
thinking Santiago this time opinions please

PS as stated has to be bmw only

+1 for the BMW Gravel boots although they were called something else when I bought them.

Had mine about 3 years and wear them every day. Completely dry warm and comfy. Even in summer they are not too warm for me.

Gravel boots are not bad but they are made of leather and if worn in the wet they take a while to dry and are left with white marks - my last pair developed a squeak on the left foot boot, I think the metal shank had come loose and started to move. I had two pairs over 4 years of everyday wear and to be honest the quality is not up there with the best boots.

I now have Sidi Deep Rains, they are made of Lorica or similar so they keep their shape and looks much longer than leather - they are as comfortable as the Gravels and the quality looks better - had them 6 months and they are faultless so far, time will tell.

PS my girlfriend has the BMW ladies urban boot - she loves them because of the look, shorter boot so perhaps not the same level of protection as the Gravel or similar styles.

Gravel boots 40,000miles in 3 years the left foot sole is starting break down from the teeth on the foot pegs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santiago now called the Gravel boot

Had mine for years and ridden all over, the last year spent riding South America

From riding in minus 7 degrees keeping my feet and legs warm and dry as they are high boots to the heat and humidity.
Just recently weeks in Paraguay at 36 degrees and feet not suffering actually not even noticed due to the Gore Tex breathing well also using the BMW long socks which with silver in the fabric keeps odours at bay.

As for the leather like all my leather products, when I clean them use olive oil ( or any oil veg etc ) to protect them,
and they have all lasted a very long time without any damage to the leather cracking or drying out.

Recommend the BMW ps the new one Gravel have a better grippy sole.

Back
Top Bottom