ST1300 Pan European feedback please

I have a riders peg lowering set if anyone is interested. Also a bar riser kit.

Sargent seats help over standard in my experience, others may differ.

I might also be persuaded to part with my '04 st1300, since I test rode a KTM.

I have a 1300 since 2010 and have put 50k miles + on it commuting which involves motorway and city filtering all with ease ie mirrors fit the rest will go through . I've also toured on it again with ease. One tip I picked up from the yanks is to fit Goldwing foot pegs they drop your feet down a and are more comfortable , mine has never let me down and have only replaced serviceable items . one thing to watch and check is the back brake isn't binding and that the secondary master cylinder is in good working order. I plan to keep mine for a good while and having just sold my blackbird which was my fun bike I am now going to replace that with a 1150GSA hence the reason I've joined this forum.
Hope this info is of some use

Had 7 pans, 4x 1100's and 3x 1300's the 1100's were and are still brilliant bikes but very long in the tooth now, capable of starship miles, can tend to have a graunchy 1st to 2nd gear change and the aforementioned swingarm rot, make a great winter hack.
1300's great bike feel heavier than 1100, ultimately customisable after such a long production run, seats / pegs/ risers/ screens all out there.
All of mine had the weave, I spent a long time trying to fix it, tyres, luggage ( no topbox , topbox light load etc.) in the end I sussed it - rear shock, once it starts to get tired the weave starts, old shock = crank preload to max or replace , fixed. The plod were loading them up with kit and that's what caused their problem.
Electric screen can fail at high miles so I kept mine lubed up and its a Honda , high reliability, low expectation of fun / character but it does the job for a long time to come :thumb

unfortunately not, its v5 says black but its more v dark gun metal grey, rides like a new one especially compared to the RT I chopped in :eek:.

Back
Top Bottom