Anyine going to Dent in May?

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Gerry and others were talking about the gathering in Dent that happens each year, organised by Micky (the one who's always "off again" :augie)

So I looked about and found this

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/585-Dent-Yorkshire-19th-21st-May-2017

Amazing what you can find on this site if you travel a bit. I'm planning on going down, probably take my time and meander down, spend a night in the Borders somewhere.

Anyone else heading down? Be good to have a weekend somewhere different :beerjug:

GOC meets Yorkshire :thumb2

Yep!

Should be there again this year:beer:
Will probably just meander down a scenic route on the Friday.

Hope the weathers nice:thumb

Cheers...................Grizzly:beerjug:

Cool, this is the weekend after my final exams (!), sounds like a great idea and 'release'...

I'll add my name to the list as a provisional and confirm nearer to the date :)

Cheers for the tip n wink!

Andy

Hopefully travel down on the Friday... shan't stop on the way...I have enough trouble getting my erection up once to risk doing it twice.

Went a very pretty way down the A68, Hexham, and across Bollihope, Middleton in Teesdale, Holwick and Wemmergill last time.

Hopefully travel down on the Friday... shan't stop on the way...I have enough trouble getting my erection up once to risk doing it twice.

Went a very pretty way down the A68, Hexham, and across Bollihope, Middleton in Teesdale, Holwick and Wemmergill last time.

I'll be looking for advice on good routes down, looks like you can go down the middle and approach Dent from the north east, avoiding the M74 etc

C!ashes with another event so not this year. It's a good do though. Hopefully Symon will do the biz re Ullapool later in the year. Happy to lend a hand with that of course.:D

Routes? Suggest you head for Embra via Blairgowrie and Perth then A7 to near Carlisle. Then through the Northumberland Nat Park to just short of Alston. Turn right and head for Hartside for a cuppa. Then Penrith and the old A6 or just M6 if you need to get a move on. It's not that far to the Dent turn off.

You could go down the 68 and come in via Weardale / Teesdale I suppose? Might add a fair bit to your day though?

C!ashes with another event so not this year. It's a good do though. Hopefully Symon will do the biz re Ullapool later in the year. Happy to lend a hand with that of course.:D

Routes? Suggest you head for Embra via Blairgowrie and Perth then A7 to near Carlisle. Then through the Northumberland Nat Park to just short of Alston. Turn right and head for Hartside for a cuppa. Then Penrith and the old A6 or just M6 if you need to get a move on. It's not that far to the Dent turn off.

You could go down the 68 and come in via Weardale / Teesdale I suppose? Might add a fair bit to your day though?

Not sure about doing the Ulapool this incoming Pete ,as I have booked and am going riding down to the bottom end of Greece until 24 Sept :beerjug:

Provisionally placed into my new 2017 diary :D

Never officiously attended any GSer events - crashed a couple of one dayers, years ago, but never a weekender. Plenty of legal off road riding in that neck of the woods, so have to start planning a few trails that I've yet to do :thumby:

Now to get thy my name down ont' list - Eh by eck, thy's started to spik like em :D

SteveT

:cool:

That's a shame, was looking forward to that.

Hey Steve, realistically I won't be back up till 26 Sept and will prolly be Knacked as I hopefully have a load of overseas riding to do this summer coming ( health and luck allowing ��) Mibbies ,Scotboxer will pick a spot ,,, no organising required for these casual meets, Fix the. Time n phone Zander , that's about it :beerjug:

Hey Steve, realistically I won't be back up till 26 Sept and will prolly be Knacked as I hopefully have a load of overseas riding to do this summer coming ( health and luck allowing ��) Mibbies ,Scotboxer will pick a spot ,,, no organising required for these casual meets, Fix the. Time n phone Zander , that's about it :beerjug:

Yep. Happy to do that. 15th - 18th September looks to be the weekend in question. Might make that the last stop on a trip through the Hebrides I've been promising myself.

GOC meets Yorkshire :thumb2

God Own County welcomes our NOTBI's

(North Of The Boarders Invaders)

:D:D:thumby:

I hope too to make Ullapool again in 2017 ... if only to finish off the last few wee drams in Peter's and Gerards bottles again :D

:beerjug:

God Own County welcomes our NOTBI's

(North Of The Boarders Invaders)

:D:D:thumby:

I hope too to make Ullapool again in 2017 ... if only to finish off the last few wee drams in Peter's and Gerards bottles again :D

:beerjug:

Aye, its all coming out now! And me, trying to get warm in my tent, with my teeth chattering like demented castanets owing to a flu bug or summat! :fiddle

Back
Top Bottom