Ullapool : the north west gathering. September 2017

I am planning to be there too. Will be coming off the ferry in Aberdeen on Friday morning and making my way to Ullapool via Tomintoul. I have a room booked at the Morefield for Friday and Saturday night and will be heading to Applecross on Sunday.
Looking forward to it! Birgit

Aberdeen - Deeside - Donside - the Lecht - Tomintoul - Lochindorb road end - Inversneckie - Beauly (lunch stop on the square) - Ullapool. Who needs the NC500? That's a cracking day's ride. Welcome aboard. :beerjug:

I think there's a pub on the front called the ferry boat..kit is ready to load on the bike, so see you fuckers up there.

:beerjug:

I can't make this chaps.
Tried, but life's a bit hectic at the moment.

Have fun.:beerjug:

There's me looking to buying you a pint Charles :beer:

Sorry you can't make it ....

Hope to be there sometime Saturday afternoon :thumb

Bike's loaded, just got to kit up and I'm off - 330 miles ...so probably about 5pm...

:friday

Everyone still standing after last nights shenanigans?

Hope to see you all around 2pm.:beerjug:

I am - but then I retired before the whisky came out. Forecast is looking OK, might even be sunny this afternoon. Have a good run up!

Life has taken over Im afraid chaps...wasnt allowed to take time off work :mad:
Have a really grand weekend of it.....

There's me looking to buying you a pint Charles :beer:

Sorry you can't make it ....

Hope to be there sometime Saturday afternoon :thumb

Thanks Micky, I'm sure a tramp called Khulu will have no objections in quaffing my pint.:jager

Unfortunately I'm just over the top with work and family stuff atm. Otherwise I would have been there yesterday.:rolleyes:

Well that was an entertaining weekend in all kinds of ways. (Not counting Leasky's jokes!:D) : crashes and fowk choppered away (but none of us thankfully); East Europeans off roading on the Bealach (Wrinklyowlie to the Batphone!); KTM riders very nearly doing the same on the Drumbeg road (off siding and coming face to face with yours truly's physog = x2 bad luck!). Plus good company and fantastic scenery. Did anyone mention rain?:rolleyes: Pictures to follow

On the way up, on the Gareloch road ....

Sunny Jim or Giacomo, as he was Italian apparently, tried a bit of off siding on a blind corner a few miles south of the Corrieshalloch. Whether deliberate or just a lapse of memory, he gave the fright of his / her life to the driver of a Fiat 500 coming t'other way! They brought the helicopter in to a clearing nearby and choppered them off to Inversneckie. Relatively minor injuries according to the cop who attended in the traffic car from Inverness. Really does make you appreciate why Police Scotland take a dim view of "off siding"! Some interesting comments also about the impact of spending cuts on traffic cars and duties in the north!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 310

Back
Top Bottom