Let's see what all the fuss is about............

In real terms? How’s that? Bearing in mind I got flamed for saying that a 1290 SAS is faster in the real world than an SDR.:rolleyes:

Flamed??

You call that being fllamed???

You poor sensitive soul :D

Reminds me of when SMs first became popular and all the “a well ridden SM will piss all over a sports bike” bollox.
It was/is true of course but what people failed to realise was that all the wobbly & shit sports bike riders that had been easy pickings on a SM were now the same ‘flavour of the month’ twats riding the SMs.

Naturally this doesn’t apply to me and I’ll be out shortly in The Peaks on my Husky hunting down and anihalating GSXRs................

Andres

I'm thinking of one of these 1290 SD's to supplement a GSA.

What are servicing annual costs like?
Is insurance tricky/expensive ?

How do you rate the bike overall?

Any thoughts welcome.

Any feedback from owners?

I have a 2017 GSA and a first edition SDR that's nearing 4 years old and can honestly say the SDR is one of the best bikes I've ever had - I had the full akrapovic system fitted by the dealer and it's a beast of a bike but is incredibly easy to ride. It is also really comfortable to ride - it replaced a Triumph Speed Triple and they are poles apart in performance and comfort.

Insurance wise I pay just under £700 a year through Devitts BMW multi bike scheme (50 year old with 3 points and a £10k claim in the last 5 years on my car policy).

Servicing costs have always been reasonable in my opinion.

The only bike I'd replace it with is another SDR.

Flamed??

You call that being fllamed???

You poor sensitive soul :D

The gin obviously made me over sensitive last night!:p

Today I don’t care what you all say! :pullface:D

Naturally this doesn’t apply to me and I’ll be out shortly in The Peaks on my Tomos hunting down and anihalating GSXRs................

Andres

Fixed :D

Naturally this doesn’t apply to me and I’ll be out shortly in The Peaks on my Husky hunting down and anihalating GSXRs................

Andres

And I'll be out shortly wobbling round corners slowly on my old shitter with it's truly abysmal suspension that feels like something from 1950.

Back
Top Bottom