Let's see what all the fuss is about............

(RIP) Edvard Munch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been hunting for another bike on and off for ages.

Took me a while to realise I'm not quite dead yet and fancied a decent solo performance streetbike that I can press into suitably short solo hops duty and unsuitable longer jaunts with a soupcon of soft luggage.

So I Bought this:

Attachments

• Superdr.jpg
    Superdr.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,455
Been hunting for another bike on and off for ages.

Took me a while to realise I'm not quite dead yet and fancied a decent solo performance streetbike that I can press into suitably short solo hops duty and unsuitable longer jaunts with a soupcon of soft luggage.

So I Bought this:

That sir, is bloody lovely :rob enjoy.

Did the same but just managed 64 miles before the wankers round here started laying salt and molasses an inch deep everywhere. Wasn't going to but a Yoshi tail tidy came up so that's on its way.

Tiz a thing of brutal beauty:D

One short test ride back in the Autumn and I was smitten.

I think they're about 155 gee gees at the back wheel but it's the bloody torque of the thing, proper hand of God stuff, short and relatively light, quite comfy and very civilised when you want it to be thanks to the electrickery.

Mines's an ex demo with 500 miles and the KTM Powerparts catalogue thrown at it or it will be when I eventually pick it up, in true Munch stylee it's fecking miles away. Will probably get it delivered:D

I'm keeping my twin cam GSA as it's so bloody good at everything including the whole two up and the kitchen sink touring thing but I'm looking forward to hooning around on this one in the UK and doing the odd trip abroad with a seatbag and small tankbag, it's even got heated grips.

Additions will probably include a sat nav mount, handguards and a small screen (Puig looks favourite).

How are you chaps getting on with yours?

Very nice, you will love the engine, however the TC will feel like a moped .

Tiz a thing of brutal beauty:D

One short test ride back in the Autumn and I was smitten.

I think they're about 155 gee gees at the back wheel but it's the bloody torque of the thing, proper hand of God stuff, short and relatively light, quite comfy and very civilised when you want it to be thanks to the electrickery.

Mines's an ex demo with 500 miles and the KTM Powerparts catalogue thrown at it or it will be when I eventually pick it up, in true Munch stylee it's fecking miles away. Will probably get it delivered:D

I'm keeping my twin cam GSA as it's so bloody good at everything including the whole two up and the kitchen sink touring thing but I'm looking forward to hooning around on this one in the UK and doing the odd trip abroad with a seatbag and small tankbag, it's even got heated grips.

Additions will probably include a sat nav mount, handguards and a small screen (Puig looks favourite).

How are you chaps getting on with yours?

Sounds sweet. Have fun with it.

Similar initial experience & situation. For now keeping the LC and plan riding the SDR for shits and giggles. Not even run in yet so early days, but it seems versatile enough to tentatively plan using it instead of the old girl for 10 days in the Pyrenees in May. Kinda feels like a bite more all round (over the top?) than the Street Triple R that is fun for hooning also. I've already swapped out the Sportsmarts at 200 miles and replaced with Roadtec 01's that I've never used before but have high hopes for all round use.

Gotta the same list to sort with Sat Nav and handguards. Think I'll give the screen a miss. KTM heated grips are very good.

Ordered the grips to be fitted at 1st service but glad to hear they are good, Tracer yam ones are cack so wasn't sure but the Oxford controller would look shit on the SD :eek: even if I painted it Orange :D
Got the SE so has pretty much everything on it, Yoshi tail tidy on the way, fitted a carbon tank insert just cos thats a big lump of plastic on show and got a deal, need to sort nav and power plus a way of carrying a few bits. Soon as the salts gone I am out there :thumb2

One of my best purchases has been the extended hugger, if you do any miles in bad weather you will realise the stock hugger is pretty crap at keeping you and the bike clean .
2100de03619b64a0032d958bbe29b00c.jpg

I would also avoid the Ktm dealer/factory fit grips and would not spec these again, they get hot but there a pain in the arse even having them set in favourites you still have to go into various screens to turn on/off and high or low, Ktm sell some grips with a little controller (there made by Daytona hot grips) I would personally buy these and not the Ktm factory or dealer fit ones.

but it seems versatile enough to tentatively plan using it instead of the old girl for 10 days in the Pyrenees in May.

That there, that sentence. Yes, do it, no tentative about it, just do it.

Then I can have a go.... :D:D:D

Very nice, you will love the engine, however the TC will feel like a moped .

Ah the old bus has never been about outright speed.

Good job really:D

Nice to see a few more around and thanks for the feedback and suggestions...........more food for thought.

Might as well show you the other side..........

Attachments

• superd2.jpg
    superd2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,121
One of my best purchases has been the extended hugger, if you do any miles in bad weather you will realise the stock hugger is pretty crap at keeping you and the bike clean .
2100de03619b64a0032d958bbe29b00c.jpg

Thanks. Dealer advised to avoid spraying up on your back to keep the rear tail light intact.

That hugger looks nice and the guy that plans these trips always manages to get us down a goat track and lots of crappy weather ;), so I'm looking for one also.

Is that the Power Parts one? If so I'll take the plunge ..

That there, that sentence. Yes, do it, no tentative about it, just do it.

Then I can have a go.... :D:D:D

You are more than welcome to ride it Muppet .. I've just got to last more than a few days though:D

And there maybe more that 1 x 1290's on the trip too ... :bounce1

Might as well show you the other side..........

Now that side makes all the difference :thumb:thumb:thumb

Forgot to mention, I went for the seat and have the Evotech engine guard to fit. In 2 minds about Rad guard and crash bungs.

Are you getting the KTM SatNav bracket (can't decide if that's the right option given where it's placed) and the SW Motech hand guards put on?

Time is short this year and I'm probably going to get the Dealer to finish off adding these bits at the first service.

Thanks. Dealer advised to avoid spraying up on your back to keep the rear tail light intact.

That hugger looks nice and the guy that plans these trips always manages to get us crappy weather ;), so I'm looking for one also.

Is that the Power Parts one? If so I'll take the plunge ..

The power parts stuff is well over priced and they don't produce the extended hugger, the hugger came from here .
http://carbomoto.com/shop/Bekleidun...90-Superduke/Hinterradabdeckung-KTM-1290.html

Also any carbon items buy from here, ive got the full package and the quality is outstanding.
http://hfcarbon.de/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_184&sort=20a&language=en

Another good buy is a fender extender off ebay, pyramid plastics version for around £15 keeps the crap from the engine .
1e034a4503fc5c6aad6f1fe990da2311.jpg

The power parts stuff is well over priced and they don't produce the extended hugger, the hugger came from here .
http://carbomoto.com/shop/Bekleidun...90-Superduke/Hinterradabdeckung-KTM-1290.html

Also any carbon items buy from here, ive got the full package and the quality is outstanding.
http://hfcarbon.de/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_184&sort=20a&language=en

Another good buy is a fender extender off ebay, pyramid plastics version for around £15 keeps the crap from the engine .
1e034a4503fc5c6aad6f1fe990da2311.jpg

Mucho Gracias.

My pyramid plastics fender extender fell after 4500 miles despite meticulous fitting to new bike (as soon as I got bike home) but at 15 quid I will put another one on before I start riding again.

Back
Top Bottom