'Adventure Country Tracks' Portugal route - looks interesting...

Hi Max. Still can't access it. Have tried two different email address and user names and it still wont allow access!

Have you checked your 'downloads' folder ?
It doesn't actually open on the screen like you'd expect

When you try to download it you're asked to register. You'll then get a verification email & you'll need to click the link in it.
Then you try again & it asks you to agree to be a good boy & not hold them responsible if you hurt yourself
When you've agreed to that nothing appears to happen but it actually downloads the file to your PC / Mac
File is called "ACT-PT V1-6.gpx"

It's not very intuitive, especially for a numpty like me, but if I managed everyone else should be able to too
Failing that, drop me a PM with your email & I'll send it to you ;)

Hi All,
Thinking of doing this the end of July/early August, before meeting up with the family in albuferia, given myself a week either side of the main family week to get there and back from Scotland. Will be going solo on my r1150gs so looking for any advice recommendations, i know it's going to be hot, I've down loaded the GPX file and will prob purchase the DVD & Map, looking to wild camp a couple of nights if possible, bit confused as to the legality side of this. and is this possible solo ?, not done much off roading since my youth days riding dirt bikes, as far as i get is the occasional forest road.

Cheers in advance.

Wild camping in Portugal will be fine if you leave no trace and don't light a fire.

If ACT is like TET (and it seems to be), some sections may be tough on a big bike - a solo incident on some of the more remote parts could see you in proper trouble.

But don't those pics make it look fantastic!

Had no trouble wild camping (used a hammock). Just be sensible where you intend to stop. I did it end to end over 2 weeks and did about 3 nights camping to 1 night in a hotel.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers PhaedrusMC

Yep agree Photo`s look fantastic,spent ages looking for a route and came across this and couldn't resist it, though it will be my first trip in Europe and any long off road riding. I always abide by the code of arriving late & leaving early when wild camping, and leaving no trace other than Tyre marks. Think my off road riding skills might not be up to tackling anything too serious so will try and plan alternative/escape route's.

Monty any advice on area's to avoid or alternative route's would be appreciated, have read elsewhere that the bridge sect on the first day is a difficult section? Just ordered the DVD and Map should should be good for more detailed route planning.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom