Innovv K1 Dual Camera Motorcycle Dashcam

Malvern_beemer sir, is your unit waterproof? Could you share a little vid to show us what the cams can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the video links from the retailers website that I posted above:

Video demo taken by our customers(Pls choose 1080P HD in youtube):
Daytime *
Night time

The display unit is not waterproof but I have it mounted far enough under the screen so that this shouldn't be an issue in anything other than torrential rain (or when being washed). I'm still looking for a solution to enable this to be completely waterproof (or as near as possible).

I dont believe the other unit in this thread is waterproof either and yes I know what you mean.

I am thinking of covering it with a simple piece of clear plastic as the water can only run over it due to the arched construction of the tail unit. Could even use one of those resealable sandwich bags and leave the open end around the cable. I think that would protect it well enough.

Looks like you're searching for the same waterproofing solution as me. I'll let you know if I come across*anything. :thumby:

Looks like you're searching for the same waterproofing solution as me. I'll let you know if I come across*anything. :thumby:

This DVR is easier because all the connections are at one end...I had it wrong in the first couple pictures so I'm thinking a sandwich bag should be fine.

Connected properly

X-QyODYdVgCRKkhTA7s6HWya9UQtsfAZBMvIxNwq7TtpjpX2jY2Rwe-S7-8XV1Rw8rsKBOy1CiGNR9dVf8fGXFLJIPEh8gjDYih4EZHtITwkhovf5Y3395KZCXNPnhsTtmtCp9wnCL-xJxSST4wOZnKKfpw0MP-pGCLV7iB7DGsv5U0Zr1d6xZNU8ZUiUCbBrSdfiamFC-l1DTT3EchV2N2bDiiXpV6RwshinBeq3W_9F7gaC1g7hs2EiidkjOdJ7Nej2XybPJtRtKAYv1GY0EHK0Ouhxz5PXz8zW8siFK1mRqS8Q1HuoTJbiFhKzqImkZWpIHksYWj_rKgjtzTxRZVgbbFGppJ-zEcvbj-57Djbp3KMAAnhC7qmYskGu6KT3mDv0xx-Y_Ty3OuILgbvur4vFzH_b_WzQO53unjegla-T1TzrX_Ra01rF3AoZBK-mnFNLJ3gBgIB4sVJADHJOn07ced0qMfULVMX3WLfgDYtXomo5SC_-BvXfZZRlE64y2uiFq5pzDiYFvVYH_7llT8sV4iUxGwX69IUxmqXDHBkSl8G1s_MUYBclwlFBXqCp1Ivolof81B6W50N7ErT54ElyaUVaKJpoDlTjvDc0eN3V-yZq1VD-oLY_wsnnZcznaHivf0UaCiOQmDPhps4IE0y88BqOD0k6-U9IPFrtA=w2470-h1852-no

I'm wondering whether this is something that could be addressed with a 3d printer.*A slip over cover with indentations where the buttons are should suffice (and sheathed holes for cables). I know you can get translucent reels of*plastic for 3d printers. Not sure how malleable/flexible they can be. It almost wants to be the same sort of material that is used for the soft silicone phone covers.*It wouldn't need to be 100% waterproof as I wouldn't leave it on the bike if I was to be doing any serious river crossing etc.

I've thrown it out to the GS community: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/443287-Anyone-got-a-3D-printer?p=4588662#post4588662

I also have a INNOVV K1 fitted to my GS, great system, just works. I fitted the DVR in the top box as I was struggling for room under the seat!

Hey guys, In The pics above the dvr unit seems to have some sort of block attached to it. Where the cables connect to the dvr? But the K1 spec and pics from the innovv don't show this bit?

Could someone grab a few pics? I am dreaming up some waterproofing ideas...

It's a very simple clip to hold the 4 USB connectors in place. You don't have to use it.

Hey guys, In The pics above the dvr unit seems to have some sort of block attached to it. Where the cables connect to the dvr? But the K1 spec and pics from the innovv don't show this bit?

Could someone grab a few pics? I am dreaming up some waterproofing ideas...

Just a thought for especially the front mounted camera would a more central mounting point not be better, if the camera is mounted on the nearside it would not record a hit from the offside and vice versa (due to the bodywork blocking the shot, as can be seen in the posted footage.

At work all the on board cameras were always as far as possible centrally mounted .

Just a thought for especially the front mounted camera would a more central mounting point not be better, if the camera is mounted on the nearside it would not record a hit from the offside and vice versa (due to the bodywork blocking the shot, as can be seen in the posted footage.

At work all the on board cameras were always as far as possible centrally mounted .

Yes but I just put it there for now as i couldn't easily find another place. The video came out ok where it is now unless something is coming from the far right

Can either of these be used without the display unit? If recording to a card, I wouldn't need a display unit; just put the card into your computer for viewing/ deleting footage?

The K1 needs the display as that's what does the recording. It's a small unit given there are two cameras connected.

Can either of these be used without the display unit? If recording to a card, I wouldn't need a display unit; just put the card into your computer for viewing/ deleting footage?

Hi Fred
I've been thinking about getting a K1 set too so it's good to see them being used by someone on here. You say that the unit isn't waterproof, by that I assume you mean the control unit (the bit with the screen on it)? I hope the cameras and event button are waterproof otherwise it's going to be useless in the UK! Where are you putting the control unit, the amount of room is tight under the seats. I had thought of using one of these;
http://www.nippynormans.com/luggage-tank-bags/tank-bags-and-more/givi-seat-bag-set-r1200gs-lc-all-years
I had one of these before with a small tyre pump in it and that stayed dry so might work with the control unit, what size is the unit?

Also did you connect the power directly to the battery terminals?

Cheers :D

Under the seat on the WC is like a water park. I've ruined 3 Autocom units in the last 18months. Water sprays up and covers that area. I'd be very worried (in the UK) of having he head unit under the seat....or the GPS. Touratech bag thing looks like it might be the solution though.

Under the seat on the WC is like a water park. I've ruined 3 Autocom units in the last 18months. Water sprays up and covers that area. I'd be very worried (in the UK) of having he head unit under the seat....or the GPS. Touratech bag thing looks like it might be the solution though.

I was thinking since where I have it sitting is essentially on the top of the arch of the tail section it will never really sit in water and could get away with just covering the top part of it. The other idea is the plastic sandwich bag and make sure the open end is underneath the edge of the top piece of the tail section

After being knocked off my bike and left unconscious in the middle of the road by a car driver who didn't stop, last year, I have fitted a similar system to my bike. This is the one I used.*Automatically switches on and starts to record front and back with the ignition. Highly recommended.

I like this. How long did it take to arrive from China. and did you order from aliexpress. Safe to part with that amount of cash???

I like this. How long did it take to arrive from China. and did you order from aliexpress. Safe to part with that amount of cash???

I like this one too, which model variant did you buy?

Back
Top Bottom