Are these any good?

dinku

Reaction score
Hi all.

Posted this in another thread but did not get any response (probably because nobody else uses these?)

Has anyone used them before

What are your opinions I have read the reviews on the web. But I would like to hear from people who have used them regularly.

Thanks in advance.

1. Nolan N44 helmet
2. Nolan B5 Bluetooth
3. Alpinestars Valparaiso Jacket and trousers (to be used for all weather)
4. Any suggestions for water proof gloves please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

N44. Have you found one available to fit your head? I cant find an L available when i recently looked. Reviews made it sound great.

Number 3

I've got the Valparaiso jacket but with different trousers (Dianese New Drake Air)

I ride mainly in hot to fookin scorchio weather, France, Italy, Spain etc. and the venting is excellent, lets a lot of air flow up your arms to your pits and the humongous back vent works well too

If you close the vents it's warm enough up to mid season without either of the liners, or if you go up mountains it can get cold very quickly with altitude so it's good for that too

I tend to keep the drystar liner handy so if it looks like rain I'll just slip it on under the jacket, usually without bothering to zip it in, does its job perfectly

I don't really ride much in very cold weather but the thermal liner is good too, especially with the drystar liner in

I've got the optional NUCLEON KR-2i back protector in mine which is rated CE level 2 and is very comfy to wear, I recommend it

Only down side is if you're a fat typical tosser build like me, to get the right size for your belly you may find the sleeves a bit big unless you have arms like Arnold

N44. Have you found one available to fit your head? I cant find an L available when i recently looked. Reviews made it sound great.

My head measured 56.5 cm so ordered the medium will see how I get along. I have an option to return it as well.

Number 3

I've got the Valparaiso jacket but with different trousers (Dianese New Drake Air)

I ride mainly in hot to fookin scorchio weather, France, Italy, Spain etc. and the venting is excellent, lets a lot of air flow up your arms to your pits and the humongous back vent works well too

If you close the vents it's warm enough up to mid season without either of the liners, or if you go up mountains it can get cold very quickly with altitude so it's good for that too

I tend to keep the drystar liner handy so if it looks like rain I'll just slip it on under the jacket, usually without bothering to zip it in, does its job perfectly

I don't really ride much in very cold weather but the thermal liner is good too, especially with the drystar liner in

I've got the optional NUCLEON KR-2i back protector in mine which is rated CE level 2 and is very comfy to wear, I recommend it

Only down side is if you're a fat typical tosser build like me, to get the right size for your belly you may find the sleeves a bit big unless you have arms like Arnold

Is the jacket Goretex or the lining is goretex. Looking for gortex jacket. Rather than a gortex lined jacket.

Is the jacket Goretex or the lining is goretex. Looking for gortex jacket. Rather than a gortex lined jacket.

Neither the jacket nor the liner are Goretex, this is mid range kit price wise

The outer layer is not waterproof, there is an inner liner that Alpinestars call drystar membrane

For Goretex you will pay more but the outer layer will be waterproof

Back
Top Bottom