Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone fitted them to their Triumph?

Which model of grips did you fit?

Good / bad.....any failures?

TIA
Rich

Just fitted a set on my 690 Duke and am very pleased. The reason I bought these is because they don't have to be connected to an ignition switchd live but directly to the battery. I find it annoying having to switch heated grips back on every time you turn the ignition off and back on again.

They have a built in voltage sensor which senses when the engine has been switched off and shuts them down automatically a few minutes later.

I found a flaw with this earlier this week when I saw they were still on a day after putting the bike in the garage after using it. It was caused by me plugging the Optimate into the bike socket so the grips thought the bike was still running because it was being charged.

I am running - Oxford Heated Premium Hot Grips - Sports - had them on my CRF just fitting to 690 enduro, can't really fault them - quick to temp and bags of power. Had them wired like Steve mentioned, but prefer them on a switched spur personally.

Would certainly buy again. On the downside is I find they feel a bit thicker than normal grips, although after measuring they are pretty much identical in diameter so must just be the feel of them.

Shop around as they are usually on special (see sports bike shop).

Back
Top Bottom