T100 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebuyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So ... Last summer whilst on a trip in France ... My mate who owns a dealership text me some pics of a trade T100 ... He knew I fancied a project bike and I thought it looked fairly ok for the money ... I asked him to pop it through an mot .. It passed ... sent him money and said I would collect when I was back home .
Off I went to collect with trailer and as I suspected it needed some loving ... I think it's been a daily rider, in all weathers ( due to the rust on most of the chrome ) ... Anyway I popped it in the garage .. And that's where it's stayed, whilst I played with other toys ..
Now SWMBO ... Asked my plans with it ... I said not sure yet ... She said can we build it for her :blast
Yesterday I thought I'd better make a start... Amazing what you find when stripping down ..

O and by the way ... This is my first bike project...I've done cars, houses, gardens but never a bike !!! Got to keep my OCD in check or the budget will go out the window :augie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 839
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 838
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 788
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 819
More pics

Don't think it's been cleaned much !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 782
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 802
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 821
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 814
Why take the rear suspension off before removing the zorst and rear wheel....seems a bit "round the wrong way" to me..?

Your rear end is now unstable??

Why take the rear suspension off before removing the zorst and rear wheel....seems a bit "round the wrong way" to me..?

Your rear end is now unstable??

I know :blast... but easily popped back to move around for now ...

Have fun - intrigued to see what state the air filter is in ;)

What year/mileage is the bike?

Air filter !!! Where is that then lol

It's 2002 ... done a very unloved 14000 miles ... really !!!

Very unloved for such a low mileage - at least yours was made at Hinckley and not in Thailand :D

Get rid of the air injection crap, and do the airbox mod, or better still like me remove it completely,and lose the rear mudguard and fit a tailtidy, transforms the looks...

Air filter !!! Where is that then lol

It's 2002 ... done a very unloved 14000 miles ... really !!!

There's a cartridge type air filter in the airbox which is accessed behind the left side panel

It's not uncommon to find it soaked in engine oil which will indicate the seal on the breather pipe inside the left side engine cover is leaking. I got about 1.5 litres out of mine as the breather pipe itself had fractured :blast

Also the valve clearances should have been checked at 12,000 miles - given the lack of maintenance demonstrated by the condition of the chain it would be worth checking these yourself ;)

Would also have a close look at the rear brake calliper - they are prone to the pistons corroding and seizing on.

Get rid of the air injection crap, and do the airbox mod, or better still like me remove it completely,and lose the rear mudguard and fit a tailtidy, transforms the looks...

Think I'm sorted on the back end from out friends at down&out

Really would like to bin all the air injection shit and get some nice filters on

Paint

Ideas... like this type of colour scheme .. not the bike

But especially like the writing .... Triumph motors ... or something similar

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 767
Ideas... like this type of colour scheme .. not the bike

But especially like the writing .... Triumph motors ... or something similar

That is a lovely choice of scheme.

Of course I would say that, I've just painted my own Norton tank in identical colours! :D

IMG_3583 by tunneruk, on Flickr

That's a very early style Triumph decal

Indeed ...

a5c918c2a6eeaefc0e410b3d8f5eeb21.jpg

Think I'm sorted on the back end from out friends at down&out

Really would like to bin all the air injection shit and get some nice filters on

Easy to remove the Ai and if you diode the electrical plug that goes into the little black airpump you can junk that. You need to diode it so you dont get a fault code..if you remove the airbox with the ramair kit and the o2 sensors you can get a remap from Triumph twin power and that will factor in those parts and you wont have issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom