Goldwing Non Starter

Geno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to start the Wing , plenty of battery strength but no go . Any thoughts? It's in neutral but would it be stuck in gear while sitting. Any advice would be great

You have tried rocking it back and forward, in gear, to turn engine over ?

I think more info will be needed ie 1000/1100/2200/1500/1800 does it turn over ? Is it sparking, what about fuel.

Having never done this myself obviously, the kill switch is set to run ???

It's 1500 , I did check the kill switch, will need to strip the Tupperware but I have no room to move , it's a tight squeeze with the GS . If I push it out I won't get her back in , that's why I have the reverse gear , let it do all the hard work.

She turns over but that's it . Would a blown fuse stop her starting?

Okay Geno Yours is a GL 1500/6 isnt it

Its still a Carburettor model?

Have you the Choke on?

Dash Lights ?

Neutral Light ?

Kill Switch In Run Position?

What happens if you click sidestand up or down?

Ah Yes Now I remember These have a Diaphragm Fuel pump don't they ? Can you hear it pumping when ignition is switch on ?

Tried choke on and off , all the lights are on , in neutral. Only thing is sidestand . Havnt tried that one or fuel pump priming. Not sure when I will get time . Thank you again.

So its turning over but not firing...?
How long since it was last run?
How old is the petrol?

If it has carbs and the usual Honda fuel pump setup run via a relay, the pump won't run until the engine actually runs (or at least cranks).
Drain the carbs, use a jumper wire from the battery to the fuel pump + feed to prime the carbs & see if that does it.

FWIW I prime the carbs on any bike that has stood a while, wether pumped or gravity fed.

So after some fiddling ,,some kicking the ground , over night on the charger , the big so and so fired up on 2nd push of button . Ran perfect , that big lump . But happy that she is running , now to get her out into daylight and to local spanner monkey for a set of new head bearings . Many Thanks for help .

My Divvie 900 would turn over on a battery with a dead cell. It was a bit slow (so there was a clue) but it turned nonetheless.
However at low system voltage the sparks igniters box won’t work same with fuel injection ECU if it’s posh.
Charging the battery being enough to get it going suggests you’ll be needing a new one soon.

Back
Top Bottom