Ebike Multi-bike insurance

GADGET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone used Ebike recently?

I was with them, up to 2014, when it all seemed to go wrong with them, no working website, not answering calls etc, so, along with plenty others, I moved on.

My renewal is up next month and I'm currently with Principle and an AGEAS policy, which is great by me, as they are one of the few that will issue a Green Card (used it in Morocco last year)

However, as is usual on a renewal, they want more cash this year, and its a policy with 'tensor', who I've never heard of, AGEAS is apparently another £200 on top etc etc.

So I'm looking around, got 3 bikes to insure and it looks like Ebike are finally back in business with a working on-line quote again and the price is okay, plus its with AGEAS.

But, is it worth the risk..........

I never went away from e-bike and recently added an R-Nine T Scrambler to my other 3 bikes (KTM200, Bonneville, Z1300) on that particular policy for £130 :clap

I did this mid December and their on-line facility for existing policy holders wasn't working then so it all had to be done over the phone which is slow and laborious :blast

I never went away from e-bike and recently added an R-Nine T Scrambler to my other 3 bikes (KTM200, Bonneville, Z1300) on that particular policy for £130 :clap

I did this mid December and their on-line facility for existing policy holders wasn't working then so it all had to be done over the phone which is slow and laborious :blast

Thanks for that, certainly the on-line quote side is working, would be interesting to hear if you can log in and perhaps try a mid-term change (without actually doing it of course)

Yours is a great price, puts mine to shame for a country living old Git with max no claims and my advanced ticket at £350 for a 2015 VFR1200X, 2016 Triumph Scrambler and a 2007 Dakar.

I couldn't do a mid-term change on-line which is why I had to call them on the phone. That, in itself, can be very time consuming/frustrating when in previous years I have been able add/delete bikes from my Multi-Bike policy and print a cover note within a few minutes

Just to clarify the £130 was the additional premium I paid to add the R-Nine T on to a policy that had 11 months left to run. The total for all four bikes on the one policy is now £340 :thumby:

I also have a Motorrad policy for my 14my GSA which expires in June 2017. Motorrad wanted £265 for the R-Nine T to be added to that hence the reason they didn't get the business ;)

I have been with ebike for quite sometime as I have had at 4 bikes for the past 10 years. I originally went with ebike as i prefer not dealing with a twat on the end of the phone, and can do my admin on the computer as and when my schedule dictates. Ebike were bought a few years ago by Brightside insurance group and they took the online system down for ages. In order to do any mid-term changes you still have to call a person and discuss it all with them. For the past 1-2 years they have said that their new online system is coming, but it hasnt materialised.

Now the crux of the matter. I have never had to make a claim with them so i have no idea from that perspective if they are good or bad, but I do know they are very reasonably priced and thats the main reason I stay with them.

Now the crux of the matter. I have never had to make a claim with them so i have no idea from that perspective if they are good or bad, but I do know they are very reasonably priced and thats the main reason I stay with them.

Plus 1 :thumb2

Pity if they have not sorted out the mid term change facility, for someone who changes bike at least twice a year, it can work out quite expensive in 'admin' changes alone. It was great to be able to make changes on line and often at no cost.

Yes I believe so. They were cheeky fuckers for trying that. When I wanted to speak to them I'd email and ask them to call me - which they did.

Sent from SYDland...

Anyone used Ebike recently?

..... is it worth the risk?
From my experience.... the answer is a resounding NO

.... I have never had to make a claim with them so i have no idea from that perspective if they are good or bad....
Trust me, unless your claim is a simple text book one, you really, really don't want to find out.

I was with ebike for years until I bought a new bike in 2015, tried to do a mid term change to the policy, no one would answer the phone, spent so long listening to the f*cking recorded message it cost £23-60 on my home phone bill.

Eventually I resorted to leaving a message on ebikes facebook page for someone to get in touch with me, it took almost 3 weeks to sort things out, had to take out a separate insurance policy for the new bike with another company.

When the ebike policy for the other bike expired I took my business elsewhere.

I had to make a claim a few years back which was completely painless and hassle free :thumby:

From my experience.... the answer is a resounding NO

Trust me, unless your claim is a simple text book one, you really, really don't want to find out.

Mine was a simple one my fault :blast no other vehicles involved

Mine was a simple one my fault :blast no other vehicles involved
E Car and E Bike and E lotsofthings were (possibly are) the same group.

My incident involved a French truck driven by a Moroccan ramming into me (an English man) on a Spanish motorway.

From the day of the accident until months afterwards E Group were totally incompetent.

First off while stranded in Spain they said I was not covered for Europe, two days later they admitted they had made a mistake. Can you imagine the devastation I felt stuck in a roadside truck stop hotel thinking I had no cover.

Secondly they said I was not eligible for a courtesy car, again leaving us stranded. Two weeks (yes weeks) later after being repatriated by two guys from this site, E Group phoned me up to say we have made a mistake, we can supply you with a car to get you home.... FFS :mad:

Then there was the claim for my vehicle its self. This dragged on for so long I lost the will to argue with them, they paid out eventually but it was not what my vehicle was worth.

My incident was almost 8 years ago now so hopefully they have improved. But, I will not be using them again.

Pay peanuts, invariably you'll get monkeys or in the case of Ewhatisit, apes on a rock near Spain.

ERisk and similar are basic financial vehicles, established in Gibraltar for its light touch regulation, passporting (as it's known) into the UK Motaaaah market under the EU's Freedom of Services provision. It's the same provision that allows a regular mainstream (and highly regulated) insure, like Aviva, to issue you automatic cover for third party liability insurance - the only compulsory class - throughout the EU, instead of bods having to request and often pay for seemingly endless Green Cards and Spanish Bail Bonds. Bloody EU, eh?

Anyway, the happy circumstances that brought about the rise of offshore companies like Ewhatsit to offer deals of the century to bikermates may well be over in a post Brexit world. Prepare yourselves for a potential bum raping! You ain't seen anything close to rip-off yet.

Pay peanuts, invariably you'll get monkeys or in the case of Ewhatisit, apes on a rock near Spain.

ERisk and similar are basic financial vehicles, established in Gibraltar for its light touch regulation, passporting (as it's known) into the UK Motaaaah market under the EU's Freedom of Services provision. It's the same provision that allows a regular mainstream (and highly regulated) insure, like Aviva, to issue you automatic cover for third party liability insurance - the only compulsory class - throughout the EU, instead of bods having to request and often pay for seemingly endless Green Cards and Spanish Bail Bonds. Bloody EU, eh?

Anyway, the happy circumstances that brought about the rise of offshore companies like Ewhatsit to offer deals of the century to bikermates may well be over in a post Brexit world. Prepare yourselves for a potential bum raping! You ain't seen anything close to rip-off yet.

Valid point, yet my research has shown that many, including those who have claimed, have been satisfied with Ebike's performance, and of course there are those that are not very happy at all.

I'm still undecided, the fact that AGEAS is the Ebike underwriter is a huge plus for me. I just went through a multi bike quote process with Bennetts and it was £160 more, with a bigger excess and breakdown cover I don't need.

..... Anyway, the happy circumstances that brought about the rise of offshore companies like Ewhatsit to offer deals of the century to bikermates may well be over in a post Brexit world. Prepare yourselves for a potential bum raping! You ain't seen anything close to rip-off yet.
What :eek: You mean insurance companies will use Brexit as an excuse to inflate premiums.... surely they wouldn't do that would they.

Back
Top Bottom