Brake Fluid Recommendations

stephen.stallebrass

Reaction score
Time for another service. Going to change the brake fluid too, so any recommendations? Was looking at Ferodo DOT4 Motorcycle Motorbike Brake Fluid currently £6 for 500ml. Going to fit some Goodridge Speed Bleeders before the flush too which will make future changes much easier. Then some new EBC HH sintered pads to put in.

s-l1600.jpg

NB: I know DOT4 is not used in the clutch (which uses a mineral based clutch fluid instead), I'm not changing that anyway... I've read that the fluid in the clutch doesn't deteriorate like the brake fluid and other oils like in the engine and forks as much and so it's probably good for the very long-term, if not the bike's entire life. I only plan to change that if I think it needs replacing or someone convinces me otherwise.

Time for another service. Going to change the brake fluid too, so any recommendations? Was looking at Ferodo DOT4 Motorcycle Motorbike Brake Fluid currently £6 for 500ml. Going to fit some Goodridge Speed Bleeders before the flush too which will make future changes much easier. Then some new EBC HH sintered pads to put in.

s-l1600.jpg

NB: I know DOT4 is not used in the clutch (which uses a mineral based clutch fluid instead), I'm not changing that anyway... I've read that the fluid in the clutch doesn't deteriorate like the brake fluid and other oils like in the engine and forks as much and so it's probably good for the very long-term, if not the bike's entire life. I only plan to change that if I think it needs replacing or someone convinces me otherwise.

Can you give me some info on the speedbleeders as this is an excellent idea?

Webpage, part numbers and prices?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom