Won't Go GS1200

Mike07

Reaction score
Hi, I started the bike after a 3 month lay up, 1200GS 2007... Started 1st press ran her for 15 mins no problem. Took her for a test run, Brake failure on display and a front caliper was sticking, thourght I'll run her home and free the pad, as not too far. The bike cut out and won't start, is this to do with engine management and brake failure? Or a more conventional cause, fuel etc...
Thanks, Mick.

Rank fuel, check your plugs in case they have sooted up, but your carbs pilot jets may have blocked using old fuel.

Showing symptoms that the Fuel Pump Controller has gone tits.
In the absence of something else to try you could try the work around
and see if it goes. It is probably (i would think) a fuel delivery problem.
You could pull a plug cap off stick a bolt or whatever into the clip inside it
hold the cap with the bolt a millimeter or so way from the rocker cover and turn the
engine over and see if there is a spark. An old plug would of course be ideal.
No spark indicates an ignition problem of course.

Lots on here ref. the FPC. For example;

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ntroller-workaround?highlight=fpc+work+around

Yes first thing I did, ... Cleaned the points with the sand paper on my box of matches.

Sorry lads, Ive had injectors, plugs out started on fuel pump.... Then thourght, jumping the gun here! ... Blinking $%$$**&%% fuel guage wrong no fuel......AAAAAhhhhhh ...well cheap fix.. Okay I'm a Plonker....

Sorry lads, Ive had injectors, plugs out started on fuel pump.... Then thourght, jumping the gun here! ... Blinking $%$$**&%% fuel guage wrong no fuel......AAAAAhhhhhh ...well cheap fix.. Okay I'm a Plonker....

:jes:jes:jes:jes:jes

I was right then, a fuel delivery problem :)

You aren't the first and good on you for admitting it:thumb

Oops , thought it was an older bandit, injection , cheers boys, am a fud.

Ha ha quality, these injection thingys will never catch on:rob

Back
Top Bottom