Thread: Out On The Drifter Yesterday.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Out On The Drifter Yesterday.

Had a ride around on my VN800 Drifter yesterday. Its been sat in the garage since October and started off the button immediately. Such a great bike, its never let me down and so far proven to be bullet proof. I've had it 7 years now. Looking forward to some rally's with the owners group throughout this year.

And if you wondered how it sounds....

R1200GSA
    Triumph Scrambler 900
    Kawasaki Drifter

Cool quite like that....
    Everyone dies but not everyone really lives....

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    *curious / nosey*

Does it handle?
    Is it torquey?

Ta.
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close

Handling is good, given the length of the thing, it will go where you point it and doesnt get to out of shape if you push on. Suspension is soft to say the least, but forgiving and doesnt 'wallow' I've got a Hagon rear shock for it, but find it too hard for solo riding. Engine is a peach, high revving and torquey enough, but it is only the 800 version. I've actually geared it right down, so its low revving on the motorway. It will sit at 90 no probs. Defiantly way down on power compared to say my 1200 sportsters engine though. Theres also a VN1500 Drifter, which is a beast, although loses some of the hardtail looks with twin shocks.
    R1200GSA
    Triumph Scrambler 900
    Kawasaki Drifter

Shedi Knight Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks for that.
    ... i must get a go on one!
    appears bright from a distance / dim up close