Starting Issues... and first post... HELLO!

gazracer

Reaction score
Hi All

Always bad for a first post asking for help but I thought it about time I engage rather than just read others post.

I've owned my 11 F800GS for 3 years now and other than regular servicing I had no real issues.

I usually ride weekly all year round but had to hide my bike at the back of the garage early december due to other projects.

I came to check it over last week as needing a ride out and found a small amount of fuel had run down and pooled at the bottom of the side stand.

So came to start it and the bike just turns over and over but wont fire. I've checked all the usual side stand switch, tank breather etc and all good, but on closer inspection with the seat off I have a pool of fuel sitting under the rubber seal on top of the access to the fuel tank.

I cleaned all of this up and the connectors etc and tried starting again, same again just turning over.

Had to leave it for a couple of days so put it up on its centre stand, came to look at it today and have a small pool of fuel sitting on top of the access to the tank again.

Before I start major dismantliny, Any ideas or experienced similar?????? Your help will be much appreciated.

Also I'm in wolves, so if anyone fancy a ride out company would be great.

How much fuel is left in the tank?
If it's been stood a while, is the battery fully charged.
See if she fires by spraying QuickStart in the induction?

Sounds like you may have a leak from one of the hose connectors or one of the stubs on the flange is cracked.

Finally had time to dismantle and here's the problem!

I'd assumed it was the fuel pump so removed the assembly from the tank and started to dismantle so I could test and replace.

first thing to remove and check was the fuel pump ecu and if you take a look at the photo below you can see the it has completely destroyed itself due to water ingress and also the exposure to the fuel leak.

BMW qtd £125 for new part, anyone suggest alternative source?

can't post photo?

Hiya and nothing clever to contribute...

Get one of a 1200rt/1200gs etc they're all the same..... I know coz I just did the same, black is the later, upgraded version

Back
Top Bottom