Twilight of it's years.......

(RIP) Tunneruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought my MacBook in December 2008, it's one of the first unibodies but a bog standard off the shelf jobbie. In the eight years I've owned it I've added 2GB of RAM and replaced the battery. Apart from that I've not touched it, never had to format it, just updated the software and used it. Hardly ever shut it down and it only gets restarted when there's a software update. I close the lid and it sleeps, I open the lid, it wakes and is ready to use within about 10 seconds. It's still relatively quick, ultra stable and a pleasure to use. From the day it came out of the box I've used the hell out of it, all the keys are shiny and the edge of the case had a lovely shine to it.
In short it's been an utterly brilliant bit of kit.

Today I go to install OS Sierra ......... "This version of macOS 10.12.3 cannot be installed on this computer"

Sadly it looks like the beginning of the end for my valiant little MacBook. I wonder how long it'll be before it grinds to a halt as the updates progress and it falls further and further behind.......

As ridiculous as it sounds, I'm feeling a little sad about it all :blast

Time to worry is when they stop doing security updates for your current operating system like they did with Snow Leopard a couple of years ago. I jumped from that straight to El Capitan. I just hope my Imac is good enough to upgrade when I am forced to.

Tom

you haven't got to install Os Sierra ! just use the one you are on now

I remember updating mine and it sounds as old as yours, I could not upload El Captain because it did not have the one previous to that , so I had to load quite a few to get to the latest Os system . Might be worth checking you have the latest one on so it will run straight into Sierra

My 2012 model Core i5 MacBook Pro with 16Gig RAM has accepted all updates with no obvious loss of performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom