Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Photo Rally 2017

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Irish Photo Rally 2017

For those of you who didn't make it to the awards presentation last night, GerryC has asked me to take over the running of the Irish Photo Rally.

To deal with the increased number of entrants and the corresponding workload, we've introduced an online application system for 2017. Entrants must submit an application online and must upload their photos to the system with their application. Paper albums are optional, but may still be entered for an additional cost of €5. Full details are on the "Submit Entry" section of the new website: http://www.irishphotorally.ie/.

We also now have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/irishphotorally/. There's a video on the Facebook page, showing the award winners, as announced last night. The page is also open to visitor posts, so participants can upload their own photos of points, discuss itinerary, look for others to join them on a ride etc.

As usual, the last act of the night is the launch of the new photo rally year. The list and map of points for 2017 can be found on the map page: http://www.irishphotorally.ie/map

Although the new website and application system have been thoroughly tested, it is possible that there may be some minor issues or bugs that haven't been discovered yet. If anyone has any issues or problems with the site, or any questions, please contact us at info@irishphotorally.ie or via the contact page on the website.

Tim
    2005 R1150GS Adventure

Good man Tim
    You've big shoes to fill....

Aidan should be along shortly to sticky this
    Just 'cos you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you !

Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often.

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Best of luck with it Tim, it's no small task.

Quote Originally Posted by Jockser View Post
    Aidan should be along shortly to sticky this
    Done.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan1150 View Post
    Done.
    Good lad

A question for you Tim, for those of us who regularly submit photos and waypoints for locations that might possibly feature in future editions of the rally, where do we send them now?
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

You've big shoes to fill....
    it's no small task.
    I know. I'm starting to get a bit scared now because people keep telling me how big a job I have ahead of me.
    2005 R1150GS Adventure

A question for you Tim, for those of us who regularly submit photos and waypoints for locations that might possibly feature in future editions of the rally, where do we send them now?
    I asked Gerry the same thing & he's happy to accept them for the moment. He's given up the Captains hat but hasn't retired / walked away. It'll give him something to do now that he's retired

Gerry will be mentoring me this year until I get to know the ropes, so he said that he can pass any suggestions he gets on to me.
    2005 R1150GS Adventure

when ya growing thon beard and the nearly razor wit

youll do fine

so all the gaillimh will be very handy from now on ?

just downloaded the gpx

straight drag and drop and no prob into a 340lm

and it starts in a fortnight

I asked Gerry the same thing & he's happy to accept them for the moment. He's given up the Captains hat but hasn't retired / walked away. It'll give him something to do now that he's retired
    Your recall is almost perfect - your comedy timing needs work.
    I'm Tim's servant & will still explore on two wheels. This is a trans generational future proofing initiative
    Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see - Arthur Schopenhauer

Gerry C

Quote Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
    I'm Tim's servant
    screen dump this and never forget

Quote Originally Posted by tadhgocuilleain View Post
    Gerry will be mentoring me this year until I get to know the ropes, so he said that he can pass any suggestions he gets on to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by GerryC View Post
    I'm Tim's servant & will still explore on two wheels. This is a trans generational future proofing initiative
    Thank you lads. I submitted quite a few last year and hope to be able to do the same again this year.

Trabaun Medieval Church - Gortumna Island [via Lettermore]
    a surplus T Cheers Josey

Quote Originally Posted by drimcong View Post
    Trabaun Medieval Church - Gortumna Island [via Lettermore]
    a surplus T Cheers Josey
    hey'll figure i ou

hanks
    Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see - Arthur Schopenhauer

Gerry C

has rory or soji done them all yet

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast