Irish Photo Rally 2017

tadhgocuilleain

Reaction score
For those of you who didn't make it to the awards presentation last night, GerryC has asked me to take over the running of the Irish Photo Rally.

To deal with the increased number of entrants and the corresponding workload, we've introduced an online application system for 2017. Entrants must submit an application online and must upload their photos to the system with their application. Paper albums are optional, but may still be entered for an additional cost of €5. Full details are on the "Submit Entry" section of the new website: http://www.irishphotorally.ie/.

We also now have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/irishphotorally/. There's a video on the Facebook page, showing the award winners, as announced last night. The page is also open to visitor posts, so participants can upload their own photos of points, discuss itinerary, look for others to join them on a ride etc.

As usual, the last act of the night is the launch of the new photo rally year. The list and map of points for 2017 can be found on the map page: http://www.irishphotorally.ie/map

Although the new website and application system have been thoroughly tested, it is possible that there may be some minor issues or bugs that haven't been discovered yet. If anyone has any issues or problems with the site, or any questions, please contact us at info@irishphotorally.ie or via the contact page on the website.

Tim

Good man Tim :clap
You've big shoes to fill....

Aidan should be along shortly to sticky this :aidan

A question for you Tim, for those of us who regularly submit photos and waypoints for locations that might possibly feature in future editions of the rally, where do we send them now?

A question for you Tim, for those of us who regularly submit photos and waypoints for locations that might possibly feature in future editions of the rally, where do we send them now?

I asked Gerry the same thing & he's happy to accept them for the moment. He's given up the Captains hat but hasn't retired / walked away. It'll give him something to do now that he's retired :augie

Gerry will be mentoring me this year until I get to know the ropes, so he said that he can pass any suggestions he gets on to me.

when ya growing thon beard and the nearly razor wit :D

youll do fine

so all the gaillimh will be very handy from now on ? :aidan

just downloaded the gpx

straight drag and drop and no prob into a 340lm

and it starts in a fortnight :D

I asked Gerry the same thing & he's happy to accept them for the moment. He's given up the Captains hat but hasn't retired / walked away. It'll give him something to do now that he's retired :augie

Your recall is almost perfect - your comedy timing needs work. :aidan
I'm Tim's servant & will still explore on two wheels. This is a trans generational future proofing initiative :rob

Gerry will be mentoring me this year until I get to know the ropes, so he said that he can pass any suggestions he gets on to me.

I'm Tim's servant & will still explore on two wheels. This is a trans generational future proofing initiative :rob

Thank you lads. I submitted quite a few last year and hope to be able to do the same again this year. :thumb2

Trabaun Medieval Church - Gortumna Island [via Lettermore]
a surplus T Cheers Josey

has rory or soji done them all yet :D

Not yet as I am getting on a bit:blast and I have now got the BMW 1200GSA which is not as nibble as my BMW 1150 GSA and does not take the knocks and scrapes too well. Hope to be over in the Summer though to get it down in a week this time :moped::steptoe

Trabaun Medieval Church - Gortumna Island [via Lettermore]
a surplus T Cheers Josey

Nice find
Trawbaun%20Church%20001L.jpg

http://www.megalithicireland.com/Trawbaun%20Medieval%20Church.html

Great to see it going from strength to strength. You have some legacy to be followed there Gerry.

Back
Top Bottom