shark evoline

ddtwelve

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a shark evoline helmet as they flip all way over , it says it's got antifog visor so does it need a pinlock installed or is it good without ??

cheers

I have the older version which does fog up at times.

Good helmets but a pinlock would be useful provided it doesn't hinder the movement of the visor.

The new ones are supposed to be better designed for a pinlock.

I've had an evoline 1 and am on my second evoline 3.

I generally dont ride with the jaw section down as the visor comes down a good way. It's quite a leaky helmet so there is quite bit of "natural" ventilation. When its cold at its raining and your stood still at lights it will still mist up, but once your moving it does keep reasonably clear. Single visors will always have this problem no matter what they say due to the laws of physics.

They do let the odd drop of water in too in heavy rain due to the way the jaw sections operates but then you can't have everything. On an RT or GS with a big screen its not really a problem as your in the "air bubble" so you dont really get pummeled with rain. I only drop the Jaw section in heavy rain just to stop the rain soaking the helmet inners.
Great helmets though.

Got mine from here at Christmas. :http://www.megamotorcyclestore.co.uk/flip-up-helmets/ for £170 so bargain.

I have an evoline 3, as mentioned above with the wind protection on a GS mine is fine. Seems pretty watertight, and being able to flip the chin bar all the way back is great. It still feels balanced whether the chin bar is back or not. Not a perfect lid but very useable.

The new Evoline One has a pinlock visor as standard. I agree with the other respondents that they do "leak" when in rain and the rain drops straight down the inside of the visor, I am hoping the new style "One" has this sorted.

got the helmet just waiting for interphone to send spare earphones and Mike the next I'll be able to test it

How'd you get on with the new lid? I'm also in the market for a new flip lid. Can't decide between the caberg, HJC or the Nolan.

Deegee after this weekends april shower not so good had to crack the helmet visor open to demist which in turn lets water stream down the inside of the visor ..according to the helmet description its suppose to have anitfog coat but not that much tried the good ol way of washing up liquid but wouldn't buff up proper I hope my euro hol it dosent rain

I have a few Evolines in my collection. i'm generally a big fan of them due to their ability to be used open or closed. And the flip down Sun visor is good.

1. Evoline 3 (standard) - OK but quite heavy, visor mists up and can leak when raining hard. No pinlock available.
2. Evoline 3 Carbon - Much lighter helmet, and an superior interior liner. Still no Pinlock though.
3. New EVO One - Almost perfect (but still flawed), improved interior liner comfort, improved flip-up function, improved ventilation, visor doesn't leak.
However, the Pinlock insert can rub against the helmet when operating, which scuffs the insert and helmet paint. Apparently Shark are working on a solution. So I dont recommend buying one of these until they fix this problem. :nenau

Deegee after this weekends april shower not so good had to crack the helmet visor open to demist which in turn lets water stream down the inside of the visor ..according to the helmet description its suppose to have anitfog coat but not that much tried the good ol way of washing up liquid but wouldn't buff up proper I hope my euro hol it dosent rain

Not good pal. I'm still looking! Can anyone recommend places in or around Leeds for helmets?? Been to J&S and the other place next door (can't remember the name) that was full of tat, no decent helmets to try on. J&S were miles better, but still haven't tried on the Nolan range.

I have a few Evolines in my collection. i'm generally a big fan of them due to their ability to be used open or closed. And the flip down Sun visor is good.

1. Evoline 3 (standard) - OK but quite heavy, visor mists up and can leak when raining hard. No pinlock available.
2. Evoline 3 Carbon - Much lighter helmet, and an superior interior liner. Still no Pinlock though.
3. New EVO One - Almost perfect (but still flawed), improved interior liner comfort, improved flip-up function, improved ventilation, visor doesn't leak.
However, the Pinlock insert can rub against the helmet when operating, which scuffs the insert and helmet paint. Apparently Shark are working on a solution. So I dont recommend buying one of these until they fix this problem. :nenau

This flaw has now been rectified by a new design of the hinges, I have had mine replaced FOC by SHARK, thank you very much however, whilst testing last week, behind an RT fairing in a "downpour", the ONE leaked again :-( I will confirm again when it gets damp, if so, it'll be going back again :-(

Back
Top Bottom