Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vietnam: more than just Migs and Skyraiders

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    great reading ,thank you for posting.

Thank you for a great write up and pictures
    I'll just tighten it a bit more.............

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just caught up with this ... great reading and photo's

Thanks for posting

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Just caught up with this ... great reading and photo's

Thanks for posting

+1

Superb....
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Great read thanks

15mg and rising Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Don't venture into the ride reports section very often, Just seen this and caught up. Great write up and shall be venturing over more often.

1290 Superduke GT:
    KTM990 Adventure (survived 3 winters and looked good as new apart from the wheels.Reliable.)
    1200GS :(Rust bucket,electrical issues,brake issues)
    1150GS Adventure (Broke down-quite a bit,recovered twice.)
    BMW1150 GS-blue and white-all good
    Honda SP1.
    XT660X to much vibes for me
    VFR800 Vtec
    VFR 800 Anniversary
    ZX6 F3
    Z650
    Z650 (Broke it)
    MTX125

Very enjoyable reading this write-up, muchos gracias
    Climate is what you hope for, weather is what you get!

Cracking report, i had not initially realised it's not a current thread, but reports like this are timeless anyway.

I liked the Fact File format, great stuff.

Great report. We’re off to Vietnam (and Thailand, Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia) in January on a 7 week tour using buses, boats and a few flights. Having grown up with nightly reports of the Vietnam war, or what the Vietnamese call the American war, we’re really looking forward to being there

Enjoyed that, did it (the ride report :-) in bite size chunks over a few weeks so now I can finally close the extra UKGSER tab in my browser.

Buddy ell, I didn't half enjoy that. Only just stumbled on this . Tidy mun👌

Now retired and travelling around but based near Aberdeen.
    Im glad this thread is having a resurgence as thats how I spotted it. Im heading over that way for 12 weeks in about a fortnight and plan to rent a bike in Vietnam. I went for 8 weeks earlier this year to Thailand and Vietnam but only hired bikes in Thailand for 6 weeks. My understanding is that you cant legally rde a bike in Vietnam as a IDP is not accepted and to get a Vietnamese license you need to be a resident in Vietnam. Is that your understanding or am i missing something??

I went to Saigon, Cu-Chi and the Meekong Delta to Kan Toa whilst I was there and cant reccomend it enough. Like you im planning to start from Hanoi this time and focus on the North before going back to Thailand and Myanmar..... cant wait and this has really got me excited again.

I know what you mean about the weather over there changing. We got caught in a typhoon which developed in a matter of minutes and I was really worried. There were corrugated steel roofs blowing across the roads in front of us, trees falling down and the debris getting blown onto my knuckles was painful. It went fro sunny to nightmare in about 2-3 minutes and lasted about 20 mins that felt an eternity...... I should write a post of that trip myself.

Thanks for posting.

AndyT
    Norton Commando Elec Start 1976
    BMW R100GS PD 1993
    Triumph Bonneville T120 2018
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013

Citroen DS3 120lux 2015
    Knaus Sun Ti 650 MG 2017

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Im glad this thread is having a resurgence as thats how I spotted it. Im heading over that way for 12 weeks in about a fortnight and plan to rent a bike in Vietnam. I went for 8 weeks earlier this year to Thailand and Vietnam but only hired bikes in Thailand for 6 weeks. My understanding is that you cant legally rde a bike in Vietnam as a IDP is not accepted and to get a Vietnamese license you need to be a resident in Vietnam. Is that your understanding or am i missing something??

I went to Saigon, Cu-Chi and the Meekong Delta to Kan Toa whilst I was there and cant reccomend it enough. Like you im planning to start from Hanoi this time and focus on the North before going back to Thailand and Myanmar..... cant wait and this has really got me excited again.

I know what you mean about the weather over there changing. We got caught in a typhoon which developed in a matter of minutes and I was really worried. There were corrugated steel roofs blowing across the roads in front of us, trees falling down and the debris getting blown onto my knuckles was painful. It went fro sunny to nightmare in about 2-3 minutes and lasted about 20 mins that felt an eternity...... I should write a post of that trip myself.

Thanks for posting.

AndyT
    I’m off in march to ride from Hanoi to Ho Chi Min . We are getting Vietnamese driving licences , though IDP was ok earlier this year as you say you now need a driving licence .
    I’ve done the north twice but looking forward to the ride south . Beautiful country . Again thanks for your write up
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123