if I really don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to listen [with bluetooth]

wittenham

Reaction score
What is the best/right kit to get? I have not been able to figure that out from a forum search and the sena, etc websites.

thx

Mostly music, possibly the occasional sat nav direction. that could be from a Zumo unit, or Waze/google maps/whatever from the same device sending out the music [Iphone].

I run a Cardo Qz which was not expensive from Amazon (can't remember how much exactly). What I like about the Cardo system is that the speakers are connected with a 3.5mm jack and I use earbuds instead. The sound quality is fine as is the bluetooth connection to my Nav5.

Just buy one headset instead of two

pair it with your gps, phone whatever

Simple

thanks, but don't I then end up with a microphone that I don't want [and would rather not pay for and/or having sticking in my face?].

I run a Cardo Qz which was not expensive from Amazon (can't remember how much exactly). What I like about the Cardo system is that the speakers are connected with a 3.5mm jack and I use earbuds instead. The sound quality is fine as is the bluetooth connection to my Nav5.

that looks the ticket, and these guys agree with you: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/cardo-qz-review/

I have a set of Ixus speakers in an old helmet, but didn't like the faff of connecting the 3.5mm jack. And no matter how I did it, I always had the cable rubbing my face!

I believe there is a system called Uclear which doesn't have a boom mic.

putting aside the mic issue all u need is a bog basic Scala Rider, there was a Q2 in the for sale section at £50, this is all you need.

If you are going to the Motorcycle Live show in London this weekend, pop by our stand A70. We have exactly what you need.

Cheers, colin@ridermount.com

thanks all for the contributions, I have gone with the Cardo system and will try to figure out how to get the Ixus speakers out of the old helmet without wrecking them.

thanks all for the contributions, I have gone with the Cardo system and will try to figure out how to get the Ixus speakers out of the old helmet without wrecking them.

Good choice. I would advise having a go with earbuds - you get increased sound quality, the Qz is only ticking over proving enough power for the buds (almost minimum) and so battery life is very good. Road noise is also suppressed.

If its not in the way it might be worth leaving the mic on. Most systems use AGC(Auto Gain Control) (???) to increase / decrease the volume in your earpieces according to the background noise level, i.e. as you go faster the background noise gets louder and the volume in the ear pieces goes up. I assume the mic is the sensor for the background noise (not 100% on that as there may be some clever stuff elsewhere in the system, but it makes sense to me).

Back
Top Bottom